Wednesday 26 May 2021

Painting & Hobby: Pound Shop Fantasy Terrain

 

For those who visit the blog regularly you will know I like terrain and I often keep my eye out for things in shops that I think would look good on the tabletop.

After a visit to my local pound shop I stumbled upon the garden section and found a a lot of shelves dictated to fairies and ornaments for the garden like magic doors and wells etc.

Looking at them I though these might be worth repainting and using for fantasy games.

Let's take a look

The terrain in question were these gateway pieces and this well.

I bought 4 of the gate ways and just one well and thought this would be a good excuse to use these as little projects when I have only a limited time to hobby.


These were all undercoated grey and again as these were quick hobby jobs I used Contrast paints to speed up the process.

Not too long they were all finished and they turned out better then I expected. 






These turned out pretty well and just goes to show there are lots of cheap terrain out there.

There was also something else in the garden section that I saw and planning to paint.

These houses seem to be a good size for the tabletop and again will need re painting as its not the best paint jobs but could be used if you needed something quickly to put on the table.

I may have to change the paint I uses as I think it would cost me loads in Contrast paints.





So this is going to be one of my next projects but I will take my time with this one.

What have you been up to this week?


If you enjoy my content and would like to support the blog you can do so by visiting my Ko-Fi page (link below) or click the Ko-Fi badge at the top of this page and consider buying me a coffee.

Thanks for all your continued support.



Miniature Count

Miniatures Painted So Far : 152

Terrain Painted So far : 122 Pieces 






No comments: