Wednesday 10 July 2019

Path To Glory: The Road To Ascension

It was a Saturday night and that could mean only one thing another night in the Path To Glory campaign.


Riot and my self were hoping to slow down Lee drastic progression towards demon hood. 



Game 11
Tome of Magic.

So the idea here is to try and be the last army on top of the floating shrine that has a spell book which is guarded by tzeentch marauders as well as a body guard and a  tzeentch wizard that shoots flame at any enemy that is closest to it.

If we kill the wizard we get 2 infamy also if the last warband is standing on the shrine you get a choice...destroy the book and get d3 infamy or become a level 1 wizard. Well if your Khorne you get 2 D3 infamy..

We need to clear a way to the alter and and can enter either side but the zeentch warband in that area has to be either in combat or dead...oh did we mention they have a 5+ save..


We set up in our corners.


I go first a shuffle up so does Riot..Lee decided to stay where he is...


Its  tzeentch go and guess what i get zapped and one of my beasts dies while another runs..


Lee thinks its time to move in..


I then charge in with my beasts and a few forsaken and roll this..



not a good start..

I roll for the other forsaken...


Yep and again..

Lee moves in closer but he loses a beast and a marauder as he is attacked by tzeentch wizard.


Riot being Khorne piles in.


I eventually take out a few of the  tzeentch marauders on my side as we all start to pile in.



Riot and Lee start to give each other the eye and start to fight again.

As this happens I see an opportunity to get on the alter.
I charge the tzeentch marauders with mine on the right and tie up another with a beast and block Lees charge lane he has on the left that would leave his troll open.




I have it all set up but
I only get one of my forsaken up on the alter but does no damage to the wizard.

Riot and Lee continue to fight the  tzeentch marauders and each other and move closer.
I in the man time get a warrior on the alter.

At this point a rule was declare only 3 25mm models can only be on top of the alter at a time which is good for me as it blocks Lee and Riot..


Riot clears out the  tzeentch marauders on his side so does Lee.

After a couple of goes I get a wound on the tzeentch wizard.


I get to attack the zeentch wizard again I manage to get two wounds...and then

this gets rolled..


and he stays alive..


Riot charges in to my marauders and starts to really clear his path.

I decided to charge in to Lees troll as he cant fit on the later it would also get me 2 infamy if kill him.


We take a few lumps out of each other.

In the mean tim the wizard kills my warrior and leaves room for Lee lord to dismount his horse and claim the alter.


After all my work Lee with his super powered leader comes in and kills the wizard...Finally the bodyguard wakes up and goes for Lee.


Lee kills the body guard and I mange to sneak in another chaos warrior.


Mean while Riot kills off my marauders and flanks on my right.
I am really taking heavy casualties now and can only hope to hold on to the alter to get that book!


My troll finally dies from Lees troll and my leader as he likes to do this campaign legs it.


For a guy tanked up he likes to run.

As Riot can get up to the alter he begins attacking Lee.


As my leader rallies I decided to charge at Lees troll as it does not look like I am going to win this scinario and hope to gain some extra infamy.


While this goes on Riots leader goes in for the kill on one of Lees trolls


Lets just say Riots leader was up for it..


Lees troll is no more.

Lee attacks my warrior but I manage to stay alive..
But..
Its my turn and I am under 50% and need to roll to see if I stay on the field....
Nope...

I am gone leaving Lee alone on the alter..

Riot also has to make a test which he fails too


Theres one more turn and Lee consolidates his position and wins the game...

This is very bad news for Riot and I...

Lee decides to be a Level 1 wizard and not only that roles on the table and becomes a demon prince!!!

This means if Lee wins one more game he has won the campaign..

I tally up my infamy and only need to use a couple to re roll and save all this dead pile..


I do though roll and get 2 more marauders to my warband.


After Riot and I look in dismay at how OP Lees leader is Lee has to go so Riot and I have a quick game just to see of we can claw back any infamy.

Game 12
Scared Ground
We have played this scenario earlier in the campaign  where you have to get your minis on the hill or at least 1 inch away and the total number of each minis infamy rating goes in a total at the end of your opponents tern.
The player with the highest number at the end wins.



We set up 6 inches from the board edge. we are treating the hill as a regular flat hill so can charge each other over the top etc.

I get first turn and and move close to the hill while Riot goes head long in.


I charge in and start to try and clear the front line and keep an eye on the right flank.


The only problem is Riot kills one of my beasts and my leader yet again decides to leg it along with a warrior.



Riot really starts to tear in on my warband as I fail to hit anything..
oh did I mention my leader then runs off the board..
This is not going well at all.


I am losing my warband fast and with a lower leader ship value thats not helping matters.


It gets to the stage where there is no way I can beat Riots infamy rating and I decided to call flee.

Well that went well..

Both games I suffered heavy losses and not gained much infamy for my troubles.
One good thing I only lost one marauder when rolling for casualties so swings and roundabouts.

So the next game could be our last in this Path To Glory campaign as Lee just needs to win one game..
Its going to be tense.

Thanks for Riot for hosting and Lee for the games.

1 comment:

riot said...

With all that running your leader does I can't help but feel that he should be slimmer!! ;0)