Monday 1 July 2019

Path To Glory: Who's The Daddy

Ok so its a strange name for this blog post but it will make senses as you read on.
Saturday was another round of Path To Glory with Lee, my self and Riot in attendance to carry on this campaign.


So on to game 9


Game 9 
Desecration of Sigma

At the centre of the board there is a desecrated church that is being guarded by some warrior persist and there apprentices.
The warbands have to kill the apprentices and the world lord will have to kill presists to gain 2 infamy.
The last warband standing will in addition get the opportunity to roll 2D3 infamy for burning down this temple to sigma.

As usual we are taking random turns. If its the persists turn they charge the nearest chaos models.

So I get first turn.
I move slowly up to the church and charge in one of my beasts just to test the water as it were.



Unfortunately the beast dies by the hand of one of the apprentice.

Lee decided to charge straight in.



Riot decides to hide in to the ruins in the corner.


Lee's troll is feeling unwell and vomits on this poor soul.


The preists fight back and cause a wound which is enough for one of Lees trolls to flee off the board.
but soon comes back as he remembered he's immune to phycology..


I start to get stuck in to some of the pests on my side of the board while Lee gets 2 infamy for killing a priest with his leader.


Riot comes charging in..



Theres a long stare between Riot and Lee..





Lees really ia working his way through his side of the board as his trolls move in.

Riot decides its a good idea to start to charge me and Lee.





Will it prove to be a good idea?

Lee and I start to work through Riots army as Riot is rolling great for panic test but can't roll to hit.



Will this was going on Lee kill another priests getting another 2 infamy.



Riot kills one of my forsaken and guess what I fail some panic tests.. My ogre, one of my Warriors and a forsaken leg it.





But I was having the last laugh as I was chopping through Riots BSB and men.



Things are not going to Riots plan as fighting on to fronts is proving a bad idea.

As well as this my lord charges in and attacks on of the priests and kills him gaining 2 Infamy.

On the other side of the board Riot and Lee are getting stuck in.



Lee starts to hack away and gets two wounds on Riots leader he has two wounds left and needs anything but a one to save him...

Yep..this happened.





Its not looking good for Riot...
The bloodletters don't last long and Riot just has this one person left..



and of course Lee charges in and kills him..



Now its just Lee and my self...

I go on to kill a second priest and lee kills the 3rd...







So as I know I cant beat Lee as he has a lot more models on the board we decided to end the game..

Lee rolls the 2 D3 dice and get 6 more infamy..

With the totals  for the game Lee gets 24 Infamy for that game..

His leader is now so tanked up its scary and gets 3 rolls on the eye of the gods table!!... oh and guess what he gets another troll!! thats 4!

I roll on the table and get another 3 warhounds on the table and manage to keep everyone alive.


Game 10..

Who's The Daddy!
Riots announces that the next game has a Jeremy kyle feel.

The Chaos warbands decided to call a truce and talk over their differences in the middle of the board while there warbands are in the back ground when suddenly an ork maiden turns up with a baby screaming at the top of her lungs thats the bloke!



Turns out one of the chaos lords has produced a half breed ork/chaos baby and her husband is not happy and brings his body guards to sort the bloke out...



The problem is she keeps changing her mind who it is...

So in this game we roll a D3 and if your number is up the maiden is pointing at you and the orks will charge after you and your warband for that turn.

If you kill the maiden the orks will continue to attack the last person pointed at being the daddy.

If you are the last warband standing you are declared the daddy and get D3 infamy.

With all this going on the lords who are in the middle have a choice brake the truce and attack the other lords or try and get back and regroup.







I get first turn and try to run but have to do a leader ship test to see if I can and I don't and just go down the rock while Lee and Riot regroup with their warbands.



The orks are drawn randomly and guess what they rolled to go after me..



The then charge my leader as he is on his way back to regroup



I also decided to head them off and charge them with my beasts



My leader kills one of the orks and cause a panin and some decided to flee including the orc maidens husband.



While I am tied up with the orks Lee and Riot decided to brake the truce and charge each other.



The orcs are still coming after me and their leader flees the field.





Riot told us that this orc leader was his first mini from the 80s and its the minis first game ever and just runs off the field... 30 years his big moment and he runs.



The fighting continues on the other side of the board.

Mean while the orks are still coming after me..





Having enough of this I go and charge Riot with a forsaken.





Which is a bit harsh from me as Riot again is having a really hard time dealing with Lees trolls.



Finally the maiden decides Lee is the daddy and the orks go after him.



After my forsaken is killed by Riot I go in with my oger.



My army can now start to move up the board as the orcs have gone.



I decided to go around the back and try to take the maiden out of action.



Which I do so the orcs are now just after Lee.

As Lees troll is near by and it already having a wound on in as it shambles off the board I go in for the kill as that gets me 2 extra infamy for killing a 3 wound modle.





Riot is again down to his last man his lord and decides to flee.



Its the last turn and Lee kills all the last of the orks with his troll and leader with ease.

I move up to the other corner of the board.





So its game...

The maiden comes back and the lords stand in the middle waiting to hear the news...Who is the daddy?...



The results are in.....


It turns out my lord has been a naughty boy!!




That was game and I win the scenario and gain d3 infamy which I  roll and get 3 infamy plus 2 for wining 2 for fighting and 2 for killing a 3 wound model.

I roll for casualties and one of my forsaken dies even after a re roll.



Well what a night...

Lee has upgraded his lord so much that one more gift from the gods table he becomes a deamon prince and if he wins a game as one he has won the campaign.. but he had a few casualties such as one of his dog of war beasts and bald bob his marauder..

Poor Riot had a tough night but no casualties.

Well next week could be the end...I have a feeling Riot wants revenge and we must stop Lee having trolls as it feels like there a troop choice!

Until Saturday.

Thanks again to Lee for games and Riot for hosting.

1 comment:

Riot said...

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD . . . . . Mostly mine it would appear!!