Wednesday 19 October 2022

SELWG 2022 Gaming Show




I have been away for a while and just recently come back to social media etc as a lot has been going on for the past few months personally so the hobby has taken the back seat for a bit.

The last few weeks I have started to clear my hobby space and sort through a few things and looking through my timeline by just chance I stumbled across a gaming show called SELWG which was happing over the weekend and was very close to me.

So I could not say no and popped along to Lee Vally Sports Center in London and decided to take a look.

As I entered I got a frosty Imperial reception..





The first stop was the bring and buy sale which was very popular and something next year will be handy to use to thin out the grey pile.



The room was in the track itself and the stalls in the middle of the track. It looked a nice size and was plenty of space to walk around.




First up I had a look at some of the stalls around the show.
















At the show I saw the new Magic The Gathering Warhammer 40k decks in the wild.



This looked an interesting book gaming on a budget is a good idea.


These models were on show at the Models for Heroes stand and they look great.




There were also a lot of participation games going on too.









There was a great looking Aliens game on display.













The Cheshunt Wargames club had a really nice War of The Worlds game on show.
You could just hear the Jeff Wayne score.







On the next board there was a Warhammer AOS game where the Orrucks vs Beastmen and Chaos.
I was chatting with some members of the Gravesend Games Guild and was told one of the members was up till 3am finishing off painting the miniatures for this board.







It was also nice to see a game of Warhammer Fantasy being played.













Looking at some of the stalls I notice these great looking buildings from Products For Wargames.
I will be reviewing a Tudor building from the company in due course.


Another company that caught my eye was Iron Gate Scenery.
They had lots of terrain on offer.






Everyone was commenting on this crab.


Lots of great looking creatures on show





After a few hours at the show I made my way back home with this little haul.


I got a good deal on some Battlefields in a box terrain and there is the Tudor house I will be reviewing from Products for Wargamers.


These were all from the bring and buy stall. The two miniatures on the left will be used in Mordheim and the big fella as a new hero fro Warhammer Fantasy.


I also found these Lord Of The Rings miniatures which I though could be a nice winter project.


So the show itself. For my first show back it was a pleasant afternoon.
There was plenty of space to move around and stalls to browse and a fair few participation games to get involved with.

The venue had free parking which was great especially in London with amities for food and drink machines as well as some food stalls out side if you felt hungry was a nice touch.
 
One of the main highlights of the show was the bring and buy stall which was well worth going to look at or as I may do next year put some of my grey pile in to sell. There is a commission to sell but so  would Ebay and this looks like less hassle.

I am pleased I have found another gaming show in London and one thats not to far and pleasant to visit. 
I am definitely going to go back next year for SELWG 2023.









No comments: