Friday 26 January 2024

What's Old Is New Again..



 Well it's been a minute.

So some of my regular visitors to the site have probably noticed I have not posted a new post or anything on social media for about a year or so now.

There has been a few reason for this such as life and other things taking my attention away from the hobby and just needing a little time out.

Saying this I have been keeping an eye on the blog and I can't believe since I have been away the blog has hit nearly over 142,000 views.

Thank you to all that have read or commented on my posts.



Since I have been way I have taken stock of my hobby, looking at that pile of potential, made lists of what paints I have and miniatures as well as being honest with myself in terms of what projects I will do and moving things on.

This I hope will help really narrowed done my hobby to that point its easy to mange and when looking at new shiny stuff I ask my self do I need it...





Well talking of new stuff if you have not heard Warhammer The old world is back.
 Regular visitors to this blog know it did not go away here with regular games of Warhammer Fantasy 8th Edition being played and blog posts of my journey painting armies.

Leading up to the release I kept an eye on the Warhammer Community blogs and saw the buzz that started to happen and it kind of lured me in to have a look whats going on.

On the day of release as we have seen it was very popular with many stockist out of stock of the two army boxes and books.


I managed to get a the new rulebook and the army books are on order so I will be able to have a deep dive into the game.

What was interested to see that some of the army's I have Ogers/Nurgle Deamons will not be in the main game but dose have PDFs which means I can still use them but won't have updated rules going forward.

Since the release I have looked through all the miniatures I have for Warhammer Fantasy and have a list so I know what I have and anything that are still in boxes and on sprues and need painting.

I know the new edition has new base sizes but I not do think I will rebase what I have and may just get some movement trays or base adaptors as I want to be able to swap back to 8th edition if I want.



As the new armies come out (next one is Orcs) I will keep an eye out for the Dwarf box and Chaos box army boxes to see what is included and see if there is anything I would like to add model wise.

So thats it I have dipped my toe back and I'm getting the itch to paint again.

 I am off to read the rulebook and check out some videos on Warhammer The Old World and hopefully at some point I may even roll some dice.








No comments: