Wednesday 20 March 2024

Painting and Hobby: Lost Patrol


I have been thinking about if I should paint this box set for ages... will I do a good job or not...
But my aim is to paint what I have in my collection so it's time to take the plunge and get it done.



As I have already 10 Space Wolf Scouts from another project I thought I would paint the 5 in this box set as you guessed it Space Wolves.
What I did was to make sure they could be used in this game as well as say Kill Team so I kit bashed some by adding magnets to the hands for special weapons and even added a magnet to attach a rocket luncher as you now just in case.






Luckily I took a picture of all the paints I used to paint my other Space Wolves a while ago so I just had to matched the style.
Once these were done it was on to the Genestealers.

Now I have never painted any Genestealers before so I went for a simple but affective paint scheme.
I sprayed them all white and then applied Army painter red ink and dry brushed them with Praxeti White and Tyrant Skull.

I then used Skavenblight Dinge and Army Painter Black for the claws and Army Painter Black and Army Painter Alien Purple for the armour on the back and Evil Sunz Scarlet for the reds.

The eyes were painted Averland Sunset.







Next up it was the Spawing Pods again using white under spray and then I washed with AP Red Ink. Alien Purple and Screaming Skull for the teeth part and then washed with Druchii Violet.


The Rippers followed the same paint scheme as the Genestealers.




So they we have it all ready to play Lost Patrol.







 

No comments: