Wednesday 1 December 2021

Back In The Game: Space Wolf Kill Team



 You may have notice that I have been away for a bit. 
If you have seen my social media posts I explained I was away to work on my metal health which has suffered over the last year. It came to a point were I needed to get some guidance and help. Posting the explanation was a hard thing for me to do as I don’t usually post personal things on line but I am not ashamed to say I needed the time to step away and needed help.
Since taking the brake and seeking guidance the the fog has started too clear. 


Over the last few weeks I have dipped my toe back into the hobby and been enjoying Warhammer + and my usually youtube and blogs which have all given me the hobby itch.

A few months ago I did not want to do anything but last week I sat at my messy painting desk (its how I left it) and picked up my brush again. 


I decided to have a clean up of my hobby back log and found some converted Space Wolf intercessors that I intended to use in the last addition of Kill team. I have looked at a few videos on the new addition of Kill Team and thought this would be a nice project to help flex my painting mussel.



I started off by spraying them all Army Painter Wolf Grey and got to work.


This was the first time I have painted the new larger Space Marines and I hear there are some new Chaos Marines on the way soon which as a Chaos player sounds promising. 
Saying that I think I have a few Death Guard models. 

Anyway I digress after a few hours they were done and I'm pleased with how these Space Wolves turned out. 




I may go back and add some more depth with some wash but for now I dare not go any further just in case I mess them up.

Here are some close ups.







These were the perfect models for me to ease back into painting. 
It seems I may have the painting bug again so hopefully this means there will be a few more models painted before the end of the year. 

Carrying on with the Space Wolves theme I do have another conversion idea using the Imperium magazine Space Marine model that I’m going to try and see where that goes.

In the mean time have you played the new Kill Team? Any advice for a new player?

Let me know in the comments below.



No comments: