Wednesday 22 December 2021

Painting and Hobby: Necron Royal Warden

 As I painted the Space Marine Lieutenant model from the Imperium magazine as a Space Wolves Captain (you can see the post here) in my last Paining & Hobby post I thought as its been made I might as well paint my first Necron. 

Yes thats right I have not painted a Necron before.



I only had 45 minutes to paint this and it was a good test  to see how fast you can paint a Necron.

I first undercoated the model black and then silver as I thought it would give some shadows to the miniature quickly.

I added and an old school colour of Tin Bits (remember that) and dry brushed with some Necron Compound. 

I also used Hexwraith Flame as a glow effect on the gun and pipes. Then it was a case of painting the base and it was done.


I will say it was fiddly to put together and felt a little fragile to dry brushing but pretty pleased with how it turned out.

This is the two Imperium magazine miniatures together.


I then went on to experiment with some coloured LED lights and used the free background from White Dwarf to try something differnt.




Thanks to Garfy over at Tale of Painters for the light idea. 

Go check out his painting and pictures as they are glorious and very inspiring.

https://taleofpainters.com/

Another miniature complete. Since coming back to the hobby I seem to have the painting bug and have been enjoying working through small projects and reducing my grey pile.

I think I may have a look at another Kill Team to paint but next you will see some close ups of the Mines of Moria Terrain and Goblins I painted for my last review in the next post.



No comments: