Wednesday 23 February 2022

Painting And Hobby: Update Feburay 2022


 Well its been a busy few weeks for me with work and with my hobby time.

Firstly you may have noticed the blog has had a little refresh and has a snazzy new logo.

I decided to make the logo more clean and hopefully represent not just this blog but also any future projects online that I may pursue.

Thanks to my brother for the new logo designs.

So other then the new logo and blog refresh what have I been up to?


Well let's take a look.


Well first up hobby wise I have been painting a lot of terrain as one of my goals this year was to finish projects and models that I already have instead of buying new stuff.

This is some TTCombat market terrain as well as a gallows that I have been meaning to get round to.

A quick spray of army painter fur brown and pound shop grey paint with a a few cheap acrylic paints form the works and it was table top ready.

Next I made this rather nice little stock from a tiny MDF kit and painted these resin gold piles which was sprayed with a pound shop gold spray and a few contrast and gold paints from games workshop and it was done.



Next I must confess I did buy some 3D printed Dead Trees as looking through my fantasy terrain I don't have much in the way of things like this so for £20 job done.

They were all sprayed grey and then I used the works cheap acrylic brown paint to finish them.

While in the mood I have started to work on scatter terrain using parts form the DMB games Dungeon box (review here) and some parts from TTCombat and accessories from Gatehouse Games (review here).


There is a lot to work on so this will be my box of stuff that I can paint if I have a spare 20mins or so for hobby time.

I also decided that I needed to be brave and just get on and paint the games that I have been worried about painting so this is a test paint scheme for one of the Genestealers for Lost Patrol. 

I hope to get all these finished and then move on to painting the scouts in the box so they match my Space Wolf scouts that I have painted a while ago (you can see them here)


At this point it was was half term and Valentines day and I got these awesome gifts from my wife.. I think she knows me well.

Now does this count towards miniatures that I bought this year?....

As it was half term I decided to go on a little trip to central London as I have not been that way for some time and I visited my usual places.

 First I went to Forbidden Planet and managed to pick up some hobby supplies and see the new Heroquest box in the flesh as it were and its pretty big and heavy.


I also visited the Orcs Nest which I always go to  and see the RPGs and games they have in there as well as stock up on my Army Painter spray.

Of course as I was there it would have been rude not to visit the new Warhammer store on Tottenham Court Road.

I was greeted by this rather large fella in the window.

Its is lot bigger in than the previous store on the same road with lots of space  with some very nice miniatures on display. It's definitely a lot differnt to the old stores that were on Oxford Street years ago.

I did pick up some more paint while I was there and got to see the new AoS Dragon Karazai the Scarred which is a really nice model.


In my next post I will show off some progress on some MDF buildings that were intended for a zombie apocalypse style game that I am experimenting with and seeing  if I can make them fit in a fantasy setting.

So thats it for now but don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Instagram (links at the top of the blog) as I have regular updates on my hobby goings on there plus other  hobby related stuff and its your opportunity to say hello too.


No comments: