Wednesday 10 October 2018

Hobby Resolutions Part 3


Ok so this has taken me a while to get back on track as part 2 was in May but lets get on and see if I hit my targets.



In my last Hobby Resolution post (here) I set out a few goals of what I wanted to achieve in a few months hobby wise..

First up I wanted to get some painting projects finished and worked on my second Gyro copter for my Dwarf army as well as get my Imperial Guard army ready for Shadow War.
This was all achieved as well as painting a Space Wolf scout army as well...





Also for taking pictures I made a back drop and made a power station which both turned out well.



As part of the painting I wanted to focus on I started to chip away at my undead army pile and finished of some of the units...I have a few more done now but will upload these later but here is what I got finished.




Gaming wise over the months I got two days worth of games with Riot of Shadow War Armageddon.
V2 was Chaos Vs Imperial Guard and V3 was The Crystal Cobras Vs The Inqusition.

V2




V3




During this period I had some great opportunities to review games such as Mini Gangs by Ramshackle Games and The Red Book Of The Elf King By Lucid Eye Publications as well as reviewing  Dwarf miniatures from Atlantis Miniatures and an interview with James Baldwin about The Drowned Earth Game.

Next up were reviews from Gamemat.eu Highlands In War gaming mat and Playmats.eu Resinarium Bridges from there successful Kickstarter.
I also reviewed a hobby product from Game Envy Creations The Hobby Holder.

There was a few trips sprinkled in here to with trips to Battle Abbey the site of the Battle of Hastings as well as a trip to Tabletop Gaming Live.




I did also hit the target of painting more Khador units which I will post later but at the moment I am not really playing Warmachine and thinking about selling an army as I don't think I will play it often.

One thing I did want to do was play more Shadespire.. Nightvault has just been released but I still not manged to get a game in...but I did however have the opportunity to work with Sally 4th to collaborate on a design to store all of your shadespire miniatures.
This has turned out brilliantly and is great template for storing Nightvalut also.

A review of the Storage solution is here.




So as you can see I have been busy!
So lets set some new targets.

Painting wise I am finishing off some of the bigger units for my Undead army and now have the joy of painting loads and loads of zombies! (help!)

I am also looking at Kings Of War and Mantic's new game Vanguard which Tookey and I had a demo at Tabletop Gaming Live.
Both Tookey and I will be attending Mantic's Vanguard launch day at Mantic Towers on the 27th October so looking forward to that..

This also means there is a possibility of a new warband to paint and I have a new army to try Kings of War with which are a little bigger then Dwarfs... Ogres!!

Gaming wise I would like to have some more games of Shadow War Armageddon with my newly painted  Space Wolf scouts and obviously KOW and Vanguard.

I will get that Shadespire game in!....

To finish off this post I would like to say thank you to all the people that have visited this blog and took the time to look at my projects and reviews.
I am nearly at 20,000 views which I can not believe...Thank You!

So what are your hobby resolutions for the remainder of the year? Did you hit some of your targets so far?
Let me know in the comments I would love to hear what your projects are.


No comments: