Wednesday 14 December 2022

Painting and Hobby: My Start in Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game Part 2

 


So in my last post I managed to paint 24 Mordor Orcs, 24 men of Minas Tirith and Theoden Mounted and on foot.

Now it was on to focusing on some single miniatures and get these finished so I can start on the Pelennor Fields box.

Next up was the Lurtz model which again was mostly painted when I got it from Selwg but after touching up and repainting a few things he was done.

Now he usually comes in a command pack of 2 so yes on to Ebay and a couple of pounds later I got his mate Uglûk.


I just used the same colour scheme that was on Lurtz and both commanders were done.

I think it was only fitting that I moved on to Saruman and Grima. Unfortunately I don't have the Palantir and not sure if this is a major thing for the game or not?

These are the old metal models and again I was found these a little tricky to get how I wanted.

I was on youtube and used some tips from Warhipster as he had a video painted the Isengard battle host box which helped me.





After a few trial and errors I finished Saruman and moved onto Grima which seemed to be a little easier to work on.

I took a brake and remembered I also have an old Isengard metal Troll which I converted his weapon to a chain whip as the original weapon was broken off. So another mode to add to the army.



I even found some of the old Two Towers and Return of The King rules book perfect for inspiration.


Next up was Gandalf the White.

I Followed the same recipe for his clock as I used on Saruman's clock and kept most of his cloths white.


The last of the minis to finish was Eowyn which I followed the colours I used for Theoden but added  a nice green colour for the cloak.


During this project I have been sending updates to my gaming groups group chat. In the chat I was contacted by one of the group called Nigel. He asked if I would like some LOTR terrain he had and kindly posted to me.

I had a nice surprise as it was the old Osgiliath terrain but he also included a couple of miniatures too which will add to my armies and a chance to paint an Elf too.

So I have done it, reached my goal and painted all these Lord of the Rings miniatures.
It has been a fun project so far and I am looking forward to playing the game but it's now time to open Pelennor Fields box get to planning on what I am going to make and paint next.

More updates of my Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game adventures will follow soon.

1 comment:

BMG said...

Masterpiece! These are all nice painting!
NHL 23 coins