Wednesday 13 November 2019

Age OF Sigmar: Storm Strike Starter Set

So I was on Ebay (as you do) and saw this box for Age of Sigmar Storm strike. It's one of the starter sets for Age Of Sigmar.
 One thing Games Workshop has done over the past couple of years is to produce 3 differnt starter sets at 3 differnt price points for both AOS and Warhammer 40k so you don't have to invest loads on money into a huge ox set to try the game.


This box set is priced around £25 and for what you get inside its great (as you will see) the main reason I bought this was for the Nighthaunt miniatures as I want them for a warband in War Cry, I already have some chainrasps from my Shadespire set so adding these would get me a warband.

So lets take a look inside.



First up you have a tray that holds everything neatly inside. You will see that there is some decoration around the side you will see why in a miniature.


First up in gold is the Stormcast Eternals section of the box in gold of course.


In this box you get 3 Sequitors, 3 Castigators and 1 Gryph-Hound


For the Nighthaunts all in this ghostly blue you get 4 Glaivewraith Stalkers and 4 Myrmourn Banshees.

These are all push fit miniatures so agin perfect for beginners and the clever among you who play Shadespire will notice the 3 Sequitors and the 4 Myrmourn Banshees are the same miniatures you get in Dreadfane (only available in the US and Germany at the moment but I have just seen GW will release the warbands in a beastgrave set with the cards that was in Dreadfane)

There is also some decals, dice, ruler and a little info sheet about what to collect next as well as that the instructions on how to build and paint you new miniatures.



Also  included is the 16 page core rules booklet and 80 page introduction magazine which is really good.



There is also all the warscroll cards too even extra ones for miniatures that are not in this box so you could even try proxying these with other miniatures to try them out.



You also get this nice double sided paper mat which is perfect size for most dining tables.



Lastly remember the tray that all this came in..this is used as terrain.


I must say when I opened this I was really impressed with all the contents you get considering its priced at £25. I would have loved to have something at this price point when I was younger. 
You and a mate could split the box and your off on your adventures in tabletop gaming or just save pocket money ( if you lucky enough to get it) and but this out right.

Now looking at it I think I may also have a small Stromcast army too if include the miniatures from Shadespire.

Well if you looking to get in to AOS or want a way to get extra miniatures for War Cry this could be a good way to do go.

1 comment:

Riot said...

I have to agree, these 'dip your toe' starter sets are brilliant!