Wednesday 6 November 2019

Display Your Miniatures The Hobby Craft Display Dome.

Over the weekend I stopped in Hobby craft as you do and stumbled upon these on the Christmas section in the store..



Then it hit me I thought theses would be perfect to display some of my miniatures.


At the moment I don't exactly have enough room to have one of those Ikea display units in my hobby room but I have wanted to display some of my miniatures in some way (and not for them to collect dust)
 I don't know about you but having miniatures in boxes all the time can sometimes make you forget what you have painted and can give you some inspiration to kick on and carry on with a project.

I decided to get two small sized domes which should fit up to 40mm and a larger dome which fits a 50/60mm this of course all depends on the poses of each miniature of course.

The bases are made out of MDF and come with a light at the bottom that can be easily removed or Painted. The wooden base is ideal to make a diorama base.

The plastic dome top comes off easily and I think is designed to be glued down  to the base once you have created your diorama but you don't have to do this of course.

I am just probably going just use them as a display domes on my shelf and that way I can use the miniatures inside when I need them.

Here are some pictures to give you an idea of what these look like.



The larger dome fits this Deamon Prince.




As you can see these look pretty good for displaying individual miniature also with the bases being MDF you can make a really cool base/diorama for your miniatures.
If your looking for a way to display a special miniature with limited space this could be the answer!

For those who want a Christmas project why not make a tabletop gaming themed Christmas ornament with these domes on your tree this year.

If you would like the idea and want to get some for yourself head down to your local Hobby Craft and If you do use these on a project tag me @shaggy_wargaming on instagram or @shaggywargaming on my twitter page as I would be really interested to see your projects.

1 comment: