Wednesday 16 January 2019

Returning To The City Of Shadespire

Yep I got a few games of Shadespire!
Riot of Riotville fame invited me over along with Lee to have a scrap in the cursed city of Shadespire.



I have not played this game in so long so I was basically starting again.
Riot suggested that I use his beautiful painted Liberators and his new super I will not make friends deck.

Riots nice Liberators I used for the day.
Riots Orks used by Lee


Lee was playing Riots Orcs which again were beautifully painted. Lee was definitely playing like an Orc and did not even look at his cards when they were first drawn..



As I was told the deck was aggressive I played high up getting in to some Orc faces..








I had two games against Lee. The first being heavy defeat for the Orcs which just goes to show not only is this game quick to pick up but Riots deck was really good and it also helped I had a very hot rolling streak..

For example Lee rolled this to kill my leader who was on one health..



but then I did this..



So yeah hot dice..

 I pulled out a victory with 13 glory to 6 in this game.




The second game was a lot closer as we it was a pure slug fest. Both leaders were taking lumps out of each other but not willing to go down with out a fight.

Lee was also wise to how the deck I was using worked now..









Lee kept rolling to kill and I kept saving until Lee managed to finally kill my leader, But I swiftly got my revenge on a few orcs..



By the end of the game there were only two miniatures left on the board..

It was tight but I managed to scrape a win in this game but this was a lot closer and more of a fist fight.

Lee had to go and Riot stepped in to play his Sepultural Guard which again where all painted fantastically.

















Riot schooled me in the first game with a combination of his tactics and skill killing me and scoring loads of glory..those pesky skeletons won't die!!


The second game I learned from my mistake and went straight for the Leader.
Now more raising the dead for you me thinks..







This time I claimed victory 14 glory to 9 just.. but It still had a few back and fourths on the board with plenty of carnage..

What can I say but I have so much fun today and glad that I got to play this game again as I wanted to all last year but one thing lead to another...

This game has to be on my list to play a lot more of this year but I know Nightvault come out and theres a couple of new booster decks out etc but for now as I have all the warbands for the 1st season I going to concentrate on these and learn how to deck build... (he says)

Unfortunately Riot declined to give me the list of cards I used in these game today ha ha...

As I had fun playing the Liberators I think I am going to start by painting them first and then move on to the Chosen Axes because Dwarves..

Thanks to Riot for hosting today and for the games and thanks to Lee for playing like a proper Orc player.


1 comment:

Riot said...

More then happy to host as your both great company.

Pleased to hear you want to stick around in Shadespire and play more games.