Wednesday 20 April 2022

Painting & Hobby: Mantic Games Vanguard Nightstalkers

  


Hello again.

Its been a while as I have been a bit busy with work and life stuff so I have not had much time to hobby but it does brings me on to todays post.

We recently had a glorious Easter weekend which saw unusual for England some sunshine and warm weather. More importantly I had a bit of hobby time but not much which made me come up with a plan.

I have been slowly building my Contrast paint collection and wanted to see how quickly I could finish a painting project.

I had the perfect miniatures for this plan 18 of them to be precise. 

I was kindly given the Nightstalker warband which is used in Mantic Games Vanguard and has been on my to do list. I thought this would be a perfect test as there are differnt size miniatures form 20mm, 40mm and 50mm along with them being a mixture of plastic and resin miniatures.

 For those of you that have followed my blog you have seen me paint up the Northern Alliance warband which you can see here

The plan for the Nightstalkers is just to try and get them table top ready as fast as I can.

Now for this experiment I used Halfords White Matt Spray as the undercoat as thats what I had to hand and went to work.

The colours I used from the Contrast range are as follows 
Flesh Tearers Red, Magos Purple, Leviadon Blue, Skeleton Horde, Snakebite Leather, Wyldwood, Guilliman Flesh, Basilicanum Grey and Aethermatic Blue.

I also used Screaming Skull, Skavenblight Dinge, Hexwrath Flame, Nuln Oil, Agray Earthshade, Kisleb Flesh and Army Painter Red Ink Wash.

After a couple of hours I managed to get all 18 miniatures painted to a table top standard and learnt a fair bit about the Contrast paints I was using.



Here are some close ups of the models.























I am happy how they have turned out for the time spent on them and I was able to experiment by mixing some of the Contrast paints together and got some nice new blues and purples so theres definitely more room to explore there.

I am not sure if using the GW spray for Contrast paints would make a drastic difference compared to the Halfords white spray I used but this could be an experiment for another day.

I know they wont win any painting competitions but my focus was to get these done quickly and job done. Contrast paints do seem to help with speed although not perfect I have learnt that sometimes done is better than perfect.

So job done, got some hobby time completed a new warband and more models off the do list.

I think I can call that a win.


No comments: