Wednesday 22 June 2016

Warmachine and Hordes MK3 1 week to go...




Its now only one week away from the official release of the new edition of Warmachine and Hordes. Now the rules have been out since the 12th June but its going to be great to get my hands on the new Khador battle box.

I have seen a few battle reports online and info about what has happened to khador like Iron flesh is now an a ARM buff rather then a DEF which makes sense fluff wise. It seems that khador have a few casters that give pathfinder now.





As for the rules I like the fact it seems more of a tidy up rather then sweeping changes such as haveing to be on top of a hill fully to gain the DEF bonus and pre measuring brings a whole new flavour to the game. Also terrain now be it blocking or not is allowed in zones which will make games more interesting.

The point system is interesting as battle boxes are now at 0 points from which you build to what is the standard game size now of 75 points.
The new ability to have a power up for jacks giving a free focus at the maintenance phase will really help my Khador army as I only could usually run one jack due to lack of focus but now I am rubbing my hands with this opportunity to bring more metal to the table.

The new battle boxes look great with the new colour plastics and the additions of a gaming mat, full rules and quick start guide, focus and spell tokens,  ruler and not forgetting dice at £25-30 is a great deal......

So as you can tell I am looking forward to getting some games in over the summer of warmachine.....but whats that I hear the earth rumbling.......




Yep I am also jumping into Hordes with the mighty TrollBloods!! Not just going to be painting red any more.







No comments: