Sunday 4 December 2016

Auto Shop.. a £1 shop journey for Cars as terrain.

So now I have batman its time to think of terrain as most of the bits that I have are more fantasy or just futuristic.

Mantic recently released the Walking dead all out war game and a new upgrade terrain set that has plastic cars and other bits like fences and loot tokens. Now at £18 its not bad for what you get but I wanted to see what I can do on the cheap.


Off I went to my local pound shop and stumbled upon these police cars which come in 3 styles. These looked the right scale and at £1 worth a go. So I got 2 packs and set about getting these ready.



First Job was to unscrew the wheels and get the police lights off.



I put the cars in some water to get the stickers off and cleaned up the plastic ready for a spray.



First I undercoated all the cars black as well as the seats and underside of the car.


Once these dried I grabbed all my other army painter sprays and started to give each car their new paint job.






I used army painter Dragon red, Leather brown, Uniform Grey and Wolf Grey.




After they dried they all looked like this.


Fresh of the painting room floor!

Not bad for a few hours work and a couple of pounds. I think they turned out great.



Heres some action shots..








I could defiantly go to town on these adding more detail to the lights etc even maybe get some more and reck them slightly. Loads of ideas for these at the moment.

I could even do a purple lamborghini ....

Looks like I better run back to the pound shop tomorrow and get some more.



No comments: