Wednesday 18 September 2019

Age Of Sigmar Heard Stone and Update on Raptoryx Paint Scheme

The last few weeks have been quite on the hobby front due to life stuff but before all that I got to work and finished one of the new AOS terrain pieces called the Heardstone . 
This is for the new Beastman for AOS even though I don't play AOS  A) I though it looked cool to paint and B) I thought it would work well a terrain pice for War Cry maybe for the Untamed Beasts.



Click for form more pictures.


This was a  really fun project easy to put together and it even allowed me to try a few things out.




I love all the trophies this has around the stone and the chains and wood really makes it look like its helping keep this upright.

One of the techniques I got to try was to make it look like a fire was burning at the base of the stone. Using differnt reds and building up I dry brushed theses and spilled them onto the outer parts of the stone to make a glowing type effect.

I also then individually painted each rune mark and kind of wiped some of the paint to make it look like glowing edges.







I did really enjoy painting this and think it will work well in War Cry etc.

Now for some reason I have had a mind block on how to paint the rest of the War Cry miniatures but think I have found the paint scheme I will use for the Raptoryx.



Well thats it for now not sure when I will pick up the brush again just yet but can't complain as my out put over the last month has been pretty good.

 I hope to continue with the War Cry campaign also this week so watch this space.


1 comment:

Riot said...

the burning coals effect is very impressive.

Good job on the razor chickens