Monday 7 October 2019

War Cry Campaign Catch Up.

Over the past 2 weeks the War Cry campaign has been heating up.



More follows...



Last week saw Riot and I battle it out with my Undead and his Stormcast warbands.


The first game was Artefact of Power which would give the winner a new power for their leader.

The victory conditions where the Hunted and Riot chose to be the defender and chose one of his warband to be the hunted one which needed to die for the attacker to win by turn 4.



Riot chose his leader on the left to be the hunted on the 2nd go and Riot would have won this game as I did not have enough hitting power to deal with the high damage the stormcast could take..
but he forgot one important rule.

He needed to make sure his miniatures were 4 inches away rom the edge.


Riot got trigger happy and left him on the edge and it was game to me.

I got an artefact that allowed me to have -1 to attacks against my leader.
I also had a few casualties to my warband and some were dead dead...


Game two was The Ritual and I was the defender. At the end of the game turn I would have to roll D6 ritual points and I needed 12 to win but I would have to control the objectives or I would have minus one to my roll... if i did not reach 12 by round 4 the attacker wins.



This was by far the most tense game we had so far right down to the wire I needed a 6 to win as it was minus one to my roll but failed so game to Riot and an artefact of power was going his way.

This Saturday Riot, Lee and I were in attendance and we carried on with more games.


The next game saw me facing off against Lee's Goblins.

This game was objective based and we both placed 2 objectives on the table and if we controlled them at the end of the game round we score one point.
The twist we cant use long range weapons that are more then 3 inches away.

This game was a very tight affair I managed to get a 2-1 lead at the end of round one as I sneaked up and contested a objective.




But as the game went on Lee started to chew through my warband and it got down to the last 4 moves..

I thought I might be able to contest a objective with one of my warband but even with a movement ability I did not have enough to get there..

In the end as we looked at it no one could get a win and was called a draw.


A very tense game there going down right to the wire.

Next up saw Lee and Riot play and they had to kill each others shield unit to win. Lee only had some really squishy goblins and Riot had his 3 Grifhounds.




Another really good game here Lee bounced his way across to attack Riot who was unlucky not to snipe one of Lee's Sqig riders which would have made it very difficult for Lee.



In the end Lee manages to pull of a victory.

The last game of the night was Riot and I fighting for objectives.

The defender would place 3 objectives on the table and if they control an objective they can burn one off the table.
The defender would score one point per objective they control where the attacker would score 3 points.

I chose to be the defender in this game and placed the 3 objectives.


As I had the numbers I split my warband in two and managed to cover 2 objectives.
Riot comes in from the right so I decided to burn this objective as he only has two of his warband near by and I know 3 Grifhounds will be coming on.

I start to move my warband back over to the objective on the left hand side to make number as Riot starts to chew through the warband on the 2nd objective. 



I am a bit worried about Riots Eagles so in the mean time I move my shield over to the last objective on the top left under the ladder to swarm it.


I begin to try and distract Riot with my dagger at the top right and move in and Riot decideds to kill as much as he can.


In the end I win 4 nil on scenario.

So another good night of War Cry. These last few games have been much more tight and tactical. 
We are all now on our second convergence for Saturday so more to come.

Thanks to Lee and Riot for the games and hosting.

1 comment:

Riot said...

Bring on the carnage!!