Sunday 20 December 2020

Painting and Hobby Update: The Last post Before Christmas

 Hello everyone. Sorry there was not post last week this is due to ongoing building works that have not run the smoothest unfortunately.

With building work still going on this week I managed to get some time and started to think about projects for over the Christmas period and next year.

One of the projects I have been meaning to do was to try some contrast paints to see what they are like.

I took the plunge and treated my self to some colours that I thought would be useful.As well as these I did add much needed supplies of colours I have been running out off.


I am not sure what miniature I will try the contrast paints on yet or if I am going just try them on my normal grey primer or white primer to see how they work but this will be a fun experiment to do over the Christmas holidays.

Not only did I get a delivery paints... I did cave and get the new blood bowl box set. I must say I am really liking the new art style and the rule book is really easy to read. 

Being dyslexic some times text heavy rule books and the layouts as well as the colours used can make it hard to read and digest but this book is really a good read. 

This will also be a great project to start the new year as I get my hands on painting some more Orcs and the new Imperial Nobility team as well as the refs and star players. 

Also this week Mel The Terrain Tutors new book Terrain Essentials which was on Kicksarter arrived. If you don't know Mel check out his youtube channel here as he has lots of great tutorials on making gaming terrain and this is his first book which will help us all make better terrain.

This is another book I am looking forward to reading as I am sure this will give me plenty of new ideas and tips.

I will be posting a review of this book soon and if you are intreated the book will be available in physical and PDF from Warlord Games.

Looking to next year I do hope we can all get back gaming soon not only to be able to meet up with people again but also this will mean I can finish The Warhammer Fantasy the Blood in the Badlands campaign and to play the backlog of games I really want to play.



So thats it from me for this year, Personally despite all that has gone on it has been a very productive year with my hobby. 

I have managed to paint over 300 miniatures and nearly got through a full Warhammer campaign. As well as this I have had articles featured in Six In The Head Magazine ( you can see all the magazine's here) and had my Lord Of The Rings Fellowship featured on the Warhammer TV stream. 

So as you can tell I am pretty happy.



Before I sign off I do want to take this time to say thank you to all of the companies that I have had the pleasure of working with this year and a very big thank you to you for coming and reading this blog if its been your first time or you are a regular visitor I really appreciate all the support.

Don't forget I am on twitter and on Instagram ( search for Shaggy Wargaming or links are at the top of the blog) where you can follow all of my hobby goings on too so feel free to follow me on these platforms too. 

I hope you all have a great Christmas and Santa brings you all of the hobby gifts you asked for.

See you all in the new year.


No comments: