Thursday 7 July 2016

Warmachine and Hordes Battlebox MK3

Finally my new battle boxes arrived in the post after a long wait and a missed delivery there in my hands!

The boxes look great and are a nice weight and come with lots of goodies.



I cracked open the boxes and dived right in.

 


Both boxes come with a mini rule book which now include rules at the back for both games as well as a nice faction booklet with information on tactics and what to get next as well as a painting guide. You also get a handy ruler if you don't have one.

Also in the box you get a 2 X 2 game mat which has a slightly laminated feel and has two sides one blank for you starter games and the other side with numbers and letters. Then second side is used with the basic training guide to help you with different aspects of the game like moving and shooting.

 



Now for the good stuff the minis. The boxes come with 4 dice and some black Privateer Press tokens which you could only get from Iron Arena play. Being black in colour there is going to be issues using a marker for the spell tokens. Also you get in the box the MK3 stat cards and a cardboard hill and not forgetting a brand new caster and warlock for each faction.

 

One thing I think could have been added to this box was a guide to help put these minis together especially for beginners as the jacks and trolls where all in one bag it could be little confusing for a beginner.

I was very happy with the content of these boxes but I felt a bit let down when it came to my Khador faction deck. 

                                     

As you can see these were not cut properly and text has been cut off.

From reading different post on forums etc the faction deck issue has not just happened to me with reports of some cards were missing or some not having any text at on them. I have also heard some reports of missing parts and holes in some of the plastic minis but by the looks of things here I think I am ok.
It looks to me as though there was a bad batch with some of the boxes due to high demand for them. I hope that PP can sort theses issues out as I would like to get a new faction deck.

Overall though the boxes are great value as you can find them now for under £30 and is a great way to get everything you need to start the game and thats why so many people want them!

Well now i'm off to put the minis together.


No comments: