Friday 3 November 2017

More Warmaachine & Some New Minis

On Friday I popped over to Eds place for a game of Warmachine. Ed was using Goreshade 4 and I continued with Vlad and the gun line.






It started well firing shots off but as the game deepened I found out about how horrible the Rets Cricket (Arcantrik Force Generator) is and Goreshades I hit you your frozen (a bit of a Sorcha trick I feel) plus it just showed how this Theme list really needs Pathfinder my units just got stuck.
Unfortunately I can't use Saxon Orrik in this theme which would help big time so not to sure how to combat this.
I may have to drop the a Marauders and use a few Kodiaks any way in this list but will have to think about adding some solos as well just in case there are some flags.

The game ended on Ed commanding the zones up on points and the only play I had was to to kill Goreshade but there was no way Vlad could have enough movement or focus to kill Goreshade.

I need to unpack my units better and be a bit more aggressive in my play and decided do I want to have my jacks in for the first or 2nd wave....Playing more will help.



One thing that came in the post was a Artillery Kaptain which will help with my Mortar/Gunner Crews and can give a plus 2 Rat to anything that shoots which is handy...





Also arriving this week which is a bit jammy of me was No Quarter Prime 01 which came with this lovely sculpt of Eilish Garrity.






I think he may come in handy.

So the plan this weekend is to paint a unit of Winter Guard and work on some lists....fingers crossed.


No comments: