Wednesday 4 July 2018

The best thing about Heroquest.....



Gamers of a certain age have found memoeries of starting their journeys with Heroquest who can forget this advert!



Well during the days before ebay (yes a long time ago it feels) I picked up a copy of Heroquest for I think £5 at the time I must have been 10. 
 I remember playing with the mins and board playing my own games not to the rules as alias I had no one to play the game with as no one I knew like gaming...

After a time it went in the loft and when I went to surch for it again a few years later.....It was gone thrown out after my parents decided to clear out the loft....Nooooo...

Its now 20 odd years later and I have been wanting to get a dungeon crawler for a while. As I was in the market for this type of game I thought I would have a look out for Heroquest.

The price of the game has skyrocketed so after scouted Ebay for a while for a bargain my luck came in..

I put a cheeky bid in for a copy of Heroquest the Advanced Quest edition wth extra minis and quests and I won...

Lets just say I was eager for it to arrive..


Tearing through the cardboard and bubble wrap it revealed the famous box art and for its age it looks grate.



The box contents was very well taken care of..


So lets get stuck in..


The famous board and to my surprise it looks hardly used.

Next up the the screen..


Again its not been used or folded.. 

To give me a further clue this has not been played the card deck is still sealed..


All of the rule books look unread.



 It even has a full adventure pad.


I think i'm on to a winner here..

No games complete without the dice right..


Here are the extra tiles for the quests..


There is even the adverts for more expansions and another old game you maybe familiar with in the box..


 


Ok lets get to the main event  the minis!.

The Heros.



All in immaculate condition like they have been just cut off the sprue.

Lets look at some of the nasties you will find in the dungeon..
Again all in immaculate condition.. 





Oh and don't forget the Gargoyle... 


As this is the Advanced Quest edition of the game you get extra minis which have inter changeable weapons which must be dependent on the quest you choose.


Lets take a look at the furniture.


The doors are all here even with the inserts from the open doors.

The dungeon furniture is all here too looks like it was made yesterday..



And thats the box..


 What can I say I have come up trumps hear. A 20 year wait and I bag a copy thats in near mint condition..
You should have seen my face as I unboxed this to discover all the minis and the furniture again after all these years it was like Christmas and my birthday all rolled into one.

All of it looks like it was bought new from the shop yesterday and even the box itself is not to bad condition for its age.

I think theres going to be some dungeon crawler coming up soon which I am sure a few of my gaming buddies will be up for.


So whats the best thing about Heroquest... Well its a long list but the main thing is I now have a copy!




No comments: