Monday 25 February 2019

A Night In The City Of Shadespire

Friday night I took a visit to Riotville and had a few games of Shasdespire with Riot and Lee.
I packed my warbands and headed over for a throw down.

I decided to have a go with my Chosen Axes as I have recently painted them which you can view here and had a go at creating a deck for the first time.

As the Axes get inspired by being on a objective after a round I made sure to include some objective cards that get me glory just sitting on them.
So the plan was to sit back get inspired and charge in.... Lets see how it went.


First up it was Lee's Liberators Vs Chosen Axes

I chose the boards and spread out the objectives next to the spaces I could put the Axes on at the start of the game so they can just move turn one and get inspired for the next round.


The only problem was Lee changed into one of the Axes and killed him... Lets just say lucky I left another Axer behind so I could change and attack him back in and take the objective next turn..


I roll and score a hit and Lee suffers 3 damage but what Lee did not know as I pushed him back I have the Trap card which deals an additional wound and kills his leader...
Lee was a little taken a back lets say..



Lee charges in again and has a successful hit on my leader but I save... I retaliated and I have been adding upgrades as I go making my leader faster and stronger..I hit and kill another one of the Liberators..

Its not looking good for Lee


Lee moves forward but theres not that much time left in the game..



In the end of turn 3 Lee has 6 glory and I end up with 9 glory.



Lets just say I was shocked at how well the deck performed and how tough those dwarfs are in this game..

Next up Riot with his Reavers...



Riot over seeing the first game sets up and gets ready to attack.



Riot charges in and kills one of my Axes that is just forward of the rest of the Axes that are sitting next to the objectives so they can become inspired again.



I charge in and also sit on the objective ready to get inspired and kill off one of Riots Reavers.



Theres a lot of cagey moves from both of us as I have an objective card called supremacy that gives me 3 glory if I sit on 3 objectives and I also have alone in the dark which gives me 2 glory if I make sure the axes are apart from each other at the end of the round.



It starts to get tight as Riot tries to press on but as I am far back on the board its hard for him to charge in...

Riot does mange to charge in and pushes me off one objective marker (theres goes supremacy) and the game ends.

A tight game game and it was really anyones game right up until the end due to the objective cards we had.

I manage to pull another victory by one glory Riot scores 6 glory and I score 7 glory.



Lee and Riot had a game where Riot pulled a victory by one glory right at the end...
Riot not being happy with the result against the Axes he brought his super Liberator deck which he won through good strategy but I leaned a good lesson with my new deck I need to make sure I dump cards I cant use quick!

After all the games I was shocked at how well the deck worked and seemed to play pretty well. I'm not really a good deck builder but focusing on getting them inspired and tanking up my leader is the way to go.
I think I will tweak a few bits and try to get more reactions and instant glory points some how...

Thanks to Lee and Riot for the games and hosting.

2 comments:

Riot said...

Great night of gaming. Thanks for coming over

Shaggy said...

Yes it was! Thanks for hosting.