Monday 13 January 2020

More Christmas Warhammer Fantasy.. The Desolation of Solland

The date was set Riot put out the call and 6 of us turned up to Riots gaming arena to play a full day of Warhammer Fantasy.


We were all required to make 3 lists at 1000, 1500 and 1800 with our leader going up in levels with each list.

I took Dwarfs, Riot Warriors of Chaos, Lee and Phil took Empire, Lano Elves's and Mike 2.0 took Ogres.

Game on...



Game 1 
Battle line 1000 points

We places a shrine on the board.
At the end of the game all winners would roll of to see if they find the Cloak.
If you control the shrine you get + 1
If your leader controls the Shrine you get +2

With all the games to the victor the spoils:
If a leader slays a leader he gains all the won items
If a leader flees the field they abandon the item on a +2
If the leaders unit is massacred the items are found by the opponent on a +3

My first game was facing Riots Chaos army.



Riot and I set up ready for battle.



I get first turn and start to move up and take some shots at the on coming Chaos horde.

Riots storms in and decides to charge my warriors and cast his spells.
He rolls a double 6 and his Sorcerer decided this is a good idea to get a hot flush and burst into flames which takes out 13 of my dwarfs and only suffers one casualty... Gulp.





I then get my Long beards ready for a charge from Riots knights.






Riot then chews through the remaining dwarfs warriors with ease.




The Knights come running in and attack but I mange to save all my wounds phew.
I shoot with the steam gun on my gyrocopter which hits and kills most of the Chaos Warriors.
Riots attention now is gazed at my Long Beards.



A combination of the Knights attacks and the Sorcerer spell out put rolling critical successes chew through all of my long beards.
My gyrocopter and Organ gun is also taken out by spells which are unsaleable.

My Leader who is in the Long Beard unit is also taken out meaning that Riot is in pole position for the win.
But.... my Long beards angry at whats going on take out the remaining Knights.

I just need to take out Riots Leader and Champion.

Riot kills the last Long beard and leaves a clear line for my Thunderers to take out his Sorcerer and Champion.

This is my chance...



I roll 10 dice.....I wound...Riot rolls to save....

but he cant save any wounds and some how with the only unit left on the table I win the game.


Very close game there.
Every spell Riot rolled for was a critical success and the miscast table was pretty kind.. Very Chaos like though.

The winners Lee, Phil and myself roll off and Lee finds the cloak.


Game 2 
Meeting Engagement 1500 points
Winners roll of to find the Crown
+1 to roll if won first game

Mike 2.0 Ogres Vs Dwarfs



Mike 2.0 and I set up diagonally across the table from each other...

I don't like how close those Ogres are..

I use my Gyro's vanguard move to get rid of those Sabretusks.
I also move in to attack Mike's Leadbelchers with great affect and the remaining models flee.




The dead pile for the Ogres mount up..



I try and use my cannon but miss I also use my organ gun to get a few hits in to his Ironguts unit.

I am not liking how close the Ogres are and await a charge.


Mike decides not to charge... and ends up blocking his units in which stops any charges.

Mike does use his Ironblaster to kill some of my Dwarf Warriors.




My Organ gun fires at his leader and Ironguts unit and manages to wound. My Gyros fly around and make a nuisance of themselves killing a Sabertusk.


Mikes Ironblaster charges my Organ gun and lays waste to that with ease.



My Gyro eyes up killing the last of the unit after it rallied.



The Ogres are eyeing a charge in to my Dwarf unit.



Before Mike does this he move his Leader out of the unit and gose for one of my Gyro on the left.




Seeing the danger my other Dwarf Warrior unit swings round to try and sneak up for a flank attack on the Ironblaster.

I charge in.. and make the Ironblaster paint and he runs into the wall on the other side of the table.




My other Gyro comes to the aid of his flying buddy while the Ogres charge in.






The game is getting tight and seems to be going the Dwarfs way..
As the other players had finished there games and were waiting Mike 2.0 Declared that it was looking like a Dwarf win and concedes the game.

Another tight game and for both Mike and my self coming back to fantasy we getting into the wing of things... One thing I think Mike took away was get the Ogres in a charge asap and that Gyro Copters are annoying.

The winners Lee, Lano and myself rolled off again and Lee wins again and gets the Crown.

Game 3
Blood and Glory 1800 points
Winners roll off to find Runefang
+1 to each game won

Lee's Empire Vs Dwarfs




Unfortunately my phone battery died but I set up a little to high and only managed one turn of real shooting. Lee with all of his fast cavalry and tactics chipped away at my units and killed enough of my banners to win the game.

Lee, Lano and Riot win and guess what Lee rolls high again and wins the Runefang and is overall winner of the day.

What a great few games and has ignited my joy in playing Warhamer Fantasy.

At the end of 3 games I managed 2 wins and one loss which is not bad at all and thats not the end of the games....

As we had time left Riot suggested we played Triumph and Treachery and a chance to get some revenge on Lee..

More to come..


No comments: