Wednesday 21 April 2021

Painting & Hobby: Sci fi Terrain Bits



This week I was in the mood to finish those little bits of terrain that hang around and you just don't get around painting. 

With an hour or two spare and wanting to get my hobby fix I got working on some bits of Sci Fi terrain.

The Sci Fi parts in question were a mixture of Mantic terrain and some small MDF terrain that I have used for Deadzone and Shadow War Armageddon and have been unpainted for too long.

Let's take a look.


First up there is this massive gun which I used a few Contrast paints (which I am loving at the moment)




I thought I would add some Flesh Tearers Red, Warp Lighting and Skeleton Horde to pick out a few areas on the piece to make it stand out a bit.

After this I finished some street lights and doors.

I used a Warp Lightning for the light colour and a mix of Macragge and Vallejo Mecha Light Blue and rust effects for the doors as these would stand out against the yellow buildings that I painted the Mantic terrain in.




The last of the Mantic terrain to finish were these air ducts which I though could be used as objective markers or areas where models can pop out from.

These were painted the same colours as the doors


Moving away from plastic terrain I have a lot of MDF terrain in an Industrial style and some I still need to make. 
In the box I found this kit bashed alter which is another excuse to experiment with some Contrast paints.
Flesh Tearers Red, Warp Lighting, Skeleton Horde and Wyld Wood were all used.



 The last little bit of MDF terrain to finish the night were these vents.
This was a simple case of black primer and Leadbelcher paint with rust effects.


So there we go all of the loose bits of Sci Fi terrain that were on the to do pile finished.

I think I am up for a bigger Sci Fi terrain challenge.

Wish me luck...



If you enjoy my content and would like to support the blog you can do so by visiting my Ko-Fi page (link below) or click the Ko-Fi badge at the top of this page and consider buying me a coffee.


Thanks for all your continued support.



Miniature Count

Miniatures Painted So Far : 152

Terrain Painted So far : 32 Pieces 


No comments: