Monday 6 March 2017

Magnets all over the place.. More Jacks.

This weekend I continued my Warmachine madness and grabbed my 2 Devastor, Demolisher and Spriggan kit and again got a bit magnet happy.. These are the old plastic kits and not the nice new plastic kits that Privateer Press are now using.






These kits are pretty easy to put together and instructions on the back of the boxes are ok but not as detailed as the new black and white sheets you get now.



Most of the parts need a little bit of a clean up ad clipping which did not take long.



I chose to super glue the head on the main body instead of magnetising them as they are going to be covered by the different hoods any way. The smoke funnel just slots into place as well as the legs to the body. There is also some little piston bits that fit in the back of the main arms.



Next was the task of using my hobby screw driver to get the holes the correct size for the magnets.
The shield arms are glued at the shoulder plates and all the hoods have a small magnet placed in the small gap. 
I decided to only magnetise one of the fist as this is the only one needed to be changed when adding the lance for the spriggan.




For the shoulder pads I shaved done a bit under neath and added a paper clip so the magnet on the shoulder of the jacks body would work.

Next it was just a case of sticking my jack to my Evil Mushroom Games base.

All the parts Super glued

A magnet added to the shoulder

Magnet in the fist and side of arm

Now all the parts that needed to be glued have now dried and all the magnets in place its time to assemble the jacks.

Spriggan

Demolisher

Devastator 


After making these I released just how easy and great the new plastic kits are compared to these old plastic kits. I am not saying these are bad but PP have done wonders with their new kits which are easy to cut have easy to follow instructions which make it so much easier to build jacks.


So one down one to go... I look forward to bring some armour 25 jacks to the table :)



No comments: