Thursday 29 March 2018

More Dwarfs....Were Going Digging...

After Riot Ville Live I acquired a few more Dwarfs as there some units I wanted to try.
I went for  some Miners and got to work painting these up so they could be off the to do pile.

The Miners arrived in this box...
Talk about memories. My first box of Games Workshop Minis were from this edition (1996!!!) and were Khorne Berzerkers .

Yes these are Orcs...but inside are Dwarfs..








I started off by making some unit fillers form the big bag of bits I got with the Miners. Lets just say I have lots of good stuff left over for other projects.


I then based them all In Army Painter Plate Metal and painted the skin Bugmans Glow. I used Vallejo Flat Brown for the edges of the cloths and for the hair I used Mournfang Brown and Averland Sunset. I used Balthasar Gold for all the golds and Matt Black for the shoes.
Next up I used Averland Sunset for the lights in the lanterns and candle flames. For the candle sticks themselves I used Bleached Bone.
I used Fleshshade was for all the flames and Seraphim Sepia wash for the candles.
After that it was a Nuln oil wash over most of the parts of the mini.

It was then  just sorting the bases.. I used Beastly Brown then Bleached Bone to dry brush the base and then I just added some grass flock.

There we have it another unit in the done pile..






2 comments:

riot ville said...

They look great and are going to be a bugger to deal with!

Shaggy said...

Thanks! That's the plan sneek up on some units or heavy weapons 😁