Friday 21 February 2020

Half Term Trip To Newcastle and Hobby Up Date.

It been a busy week for me not only due to getting time to do some more hobby related stuff but I also traveled up to Newcastle and as I was there I checked out the local hobby community.




As I was in town I found the local Games Workshop as my wife points out I always seem to find hobby shops wherever I go...ha ha..
I had a good chat about games with the manger there and picked up two more card sets for War Cry and some much needed Agrax Earthshade.


I wanted to get the two Nurgle card sets while I was there but these are not out till Saturday.
I like having the cards so hopefully we pick the game up again at some point during the year.

As I was going to pay I also pick up one of the Bandai Chibi's blind bags at the till and got this fella.



Not to far from the Warhammer shop I also found another shop called Travelling Man that was full of gaming stuff from D&D. Magic cards, board games and of course Games Workshop items.


I picked up some of this Nurgle's Rot as I want to try it out as this will be the theme of my next army and may come in handy.



On the same street there is also a gaming cafe called Geek Retreat that was full (half term meant very busy) playing all sorts of card games, Board games and computer games.


I also popped into a shop that had a load of Harry Potter and popular tv show memorable called The Flying Wizard.

To top it off on the same street there is even a Forbidden Planet. Its a little smaller then the London one but as I was looking around I found a absolute bargain..

There was a shelf full of back issues of the Warhammer 40k Conquest magazine.
I picked up a couple of issues which had paints and 2 brushes.


I got all of these paints and the two layer brushes for £11!

As I visiting these shops I got to chat to people to find out about the tabletop community in the area which I always find interesting.

But traveling is not all that I have been up to this week I have been painting too.

First up I quickly painted this Dwarf as he will be my engineer in my Warhammer Fantasy Dwarf list.



I also painted this Mantic Ice Elemental for My Vanguard Warband.



I wanted to try and experiment with painting Ice as I have not had a go before and think it turned out ok.

Lastly I have decided on my colour pallet for my Nurgle army and used it on my new Nurgle Sorcerer to test it out.



Again I am happy how he has turned out and I think the colours will work well army wide.

 Last Saturday I had a few games of Beastgrave and played with the new Wurmspat warband while Lee played with the new Hrothgorn's Mantrappers.


Both games with Lee were close finishing one game each and again this shows how good the pre made decks are in these war band packs and are balanced and not over powered.

There was even time for a four way game of Ur Predator 
Justin  in the end was the runaway winner in the game.



So thats it for this week, tomorrows plan is more practice for Riot Ville Live 2020 so going to try a experimental list with my Dwarfs.
Wish me luck 😅

No comments: