Wednesday 26 February 2020

Skaven vs Dwarfs Riot Ville Live 2020 Practice.


This Sunday sees Riot Ville Live 2020 a whole day full of Warhammer Fantasy.
Over the past few weeks we have been all playing a lot to get to grips with rules again and to get lists together.
Saturday saw Phil and I throw down a classic conflict of Skaven vs Dwarfs. 
I had not had the pleasure (or should I say pain) facing Skaven and Phil decided to dust of his rats for a change as he has been playing Empire which he plans to use for Riot Ville.



We set up and Phil gets first term.
Not before I move my Gyrocopters.


Phil moves his Clan Rats and the screaming bell bus towards the Dwarfs while his Plague Monks and Skaven Abomination moves towards the Gyrocopter.



I move my Gyrocopters closer to the Skaven/Bell bus to try and steam them off the table and I move my other Gyro near the Plague Monks.


I steam a fair few rats and get a good few shots with my Organ gun and Thunderers.


My other Gyro manages to get some of the Plague Monks and adds a wound to one of the Skaven wizards in the unit.


The Abomination having seen that charges in and makes light work of the Gyrocopter.


The Doom Wheel rolls on in and shoots the other Gyrocopter and managers to destroy that.



The good news the Skaven/Bell bus fails its charge but I can not capitalise that well and only take a few out of action with Organ gun fire and Thunderer fire.


I seize the opportunity on my turn and charge in with the Hammerers...It's Hammer time.


Mean while my other Organ gun has eyes for only one thing.
With some massive fire power the Abomination is dead.


The Hammers smash in and make light work of the Skaven horde but can't get rid of that bell that keeps ringing!


The Doom Wheel now moves closer and starts to fire on the Organ gun.


Not only that Phil cast a spell that destroys 17 dwarfs with no save!


The Organ gun is gone and the Master Engineer is next on the hit list.


The last of the Clan Rats get squshed by my Hammerers but The Screaming Bell still rings and I only get it down to 4 wounds.
The bell also destroys 8 of my Thunderers allowing the Doom Wheel some respite from shooting attacks.


The Doom Wheel and Plague Monks join the fight.


The Plague Monks who have ridiculous amount of attacks (3 each) get stuck in.


My last Thunderer charges bravely in to the Doom Wheel while my leader and BSB start to take wounds.
I cant get rid of that bell as much as I try it still stands.


Luckily the Doom Wheel tries to fire but misfires and blows it self up.


The last of the Hammerers and the BSB dies so  my leader is left and runs for his life but the Plague Monks are to slow to catch him.


As we get to turn 6 my Dwarf Leader regroups and I take some shots at the Screaming Bell which still stands!

In the end we call it a draw as we add up what points are left on the table.


It was a really good fight and a really casualty heavy game a proper grudge match.
One thing I learned is that bell is horrible!

At the end of the game we had a chat about my deployment and some tactics as Phil has played Dwarfs in the past and has given me dome tips.

One of those tips had made me paint another 19 Thunderers...
Which I have just managed to get finished.
The bases still need painting but that should not be a problem before Sunday.


So that was it the last practice until Sunday where it will be a whole day of Warhammer Fantasy
at Riot Ville Live 2020.

1 comment:

Riot said...

looked like a real fun game from the other table.

The Thunderers look good