Wednesday 5 February 2020

New Year New Army

Over Christmas you may have seen my posts of a few bat raps from my Warhammer Fantasy games with Riot and co.


Well after playing a few games I got inspired to pick up a brush and get to work on a new army.


I have had these Mantic Ogres on my to do list for a while now so this was the perfect time to get them painted.


This was the bulk of the army at the start which also included including 3 chariots and a command unit.



Before I started to paint I was mad enough to add another Chariot, two musicians, another banner and 2 more double handed Ogres.
I also made a BSB by using some old Games Workshop bits I had around and also added a Games workshop Ironbalster to the list.

Not happy with just that to do I also used the spare Gnoblers from the Ironblaster kit along with some barrels and random bits to make a Gnobler and trapper unit.

So in total I had to paint
32 Ogres, 4 Chariots and 8 Boars, 1 Ironblaster with an Ogre, Gnoblers and various unit filler bits.

So as you can see a lot to paint!

I used a base of Leather Brown from Army painter as these Ogres have a lot of leather straps so this was an ideal colour. Once I got the colour pallet sorted for all of them it became an easy assembly line.




The Chariots took a bit of time fitting together but were fairly easy to paint along with the boars. I painted each Ogre separately and then stuck them on the Chariot at the end.

The Iron Blaster was really nice to paint which again I painted every part individually and then stuck it all together at the end.

After I would say a in total a day of solid painting the amy was finished.

Here are the results


I am really pleased I have managed to get this army complete as I got burnt out painting all of the the War Cry terrain and other terrain projects towards the end of the summer.

It also means I have another army to roll out on the battle field.

Here are some close ups of the army.

 









So they we are the first complete army of this new decade.
I already have plans for another army in the works so I suppose if I have the painting bug I should just go with it....

What are you all working on? Any plans for a new army this year?

No comments: