Thursday 10 September 2020

Terrain Build: Undead Hill

 This week I got a bit of a terrain bug and decided to make a new terrain/diorama piece for games and for any miniature pictures.

A few years ago I made a backdrop for my pictures which you can see how I made here but I wanted to go with some hight and a differnt theme this time so decided on making an undead hill.

This is how I made it.




I started with some spare wood chip board and cut out the size I wanted this to be.


I had some spare packing foam and hot glued a couple of levels together to give some hight and added some small bits for a rack face and the top of the hill to house a mausoleum.

I then used a knife to cut out rough edges to look like rocks as well as path and steps leading up to the very top of the hill.


Next I used my magic mix of PVA, filler, sand and some paint to cover all of the foam and board to help with stability and to give a rough mud like surface.


Next as this begin to dry I added some skeletons and grave stones and made sure these were stuck down and looked like they were part of the earth.


After that I dry brushed the main dirt areas brown and the rock faces were covered in black then brushed with a grey and then green.





After this I added some grass around the skeletons and in the areas around rocks.





Next I added the mausoleum to see if it all fits together.


Here are some pictures with some miniatures.





So there we have it another enjoyable project complete and another backdrop for my miniatures.

No comments: