Friday 25 September 2020

Terrain Build: Building More Fantasy Terrain

 This week I have had the terrain bug and got to work work on a few projects for Fantasy games.

Picture this way...

After visiting the pound shop I saw these snakes and thought these would make some great looking terrain pices for a Dune/dessert type board.

After raiding the garage I found some hard board and cut some shapes out and stuck down the snakes using some hot glue and added some PVA to cover the base with my sand mix.


I then sprayed this brown and dry brushed the bone on the snakes as well as the stones.
I then added some green flock in areas to brake up the ground.


Next as we are gearing up to the end of the Blood In The Badlands campaign and knowing there will be a huge battle I wanted to make a Battering Ram inspired by the old Warhammer model that you see in the BITB book.

I found some old bits of wood and stirring sticks and started to make the structure.

I then used more stirring sticks and glued these to some MDF triangles to make the roof.

I then used a bit of 6mm wooden dowel and cut this to size and added some rope and a spare skull that was stuck on with some super glue to act as the Battering Ram head.

The wheels are just some MDF 25mm round bases with some pearls that are used for card making.

I sprayed the entire model brown and dry brushed the whole model and added the metal detail and it was finished.

Not bad for a few hours work.




Again thinking of BITB and the Storm of Magic to come I wanted to make a Wizards Fulcrum. 
I had a spare disk from a Games and Gears hell terrain kit and thought this would be great for a bases for a Fulcrum.

I painted this black and used various blue paint and washes to try and make a magical aura.



I was going to use one of the floating rocks that I made last year (you can see how I made them here) but thought it was a bit to big so I went back to the drawing board and started this.

I found these skulls in Hobby Craft and use two old bases with some cork to make the new Fulcrum.
I used hot glue to stick everything together and PVA to stick the sand around the bases to make it look more like rock.


This was then sprayed black and then dry bushed with a grey and bone colours.


This is how it looks.


Also this week I got a delivery of some 3D printed Dwarf terrain which I have some ideas on how I can use these.
These were quick to paint as it was a black spray and grey dry brush.





Talking Dwarfs I did get time to paint some models and get something off the grey pile list.

I finished some classic slayers.




Well that's my week of terrain bulidng and painting.

I hope to have another battle report from the badlands next week so stay tuned.

No comments: