Sunday 14 February 2021

Painting and Hobby : The Undead Rise



Hello everyone I hope you have been keeping well.

This week has been a bit up and down as you will see I had a little problem with my hobby room.

This did not stop me however getting on with some painting this week and with all talk of Warhammer Quest Cursed City and the new Vampire models for Underworlds I dusted off my old Vampire Counts project and got to work.

But before that I went into my hobby room and disaster there had been a leak which caused condensation and misted up my room and my display cabinet which meant I now had to put all my miniatures into storage and get some huge storage boxes to pack away my games that were on display.

Luckily I had some silica gel packs and moisture traps around which seem to be doing the job so far.

Now on to the Vampire counts. 

Most of the models that I have for this project were painted a while ago but what was left was a load of Zombies about 100 or so and a unit of Ghouls, a couple of Fell Bats and some Bat Swarms.

I decided to take on the Zombie horde first. Since painting my Nurgle Deamons army I have made sure to plan out my colour pallet in advanced when ever I am painting.

 For the Zombies I used similar colours as they were undercoated using Necrotic Flesh by Army Painter.

Once I knew the order of what paints to use I was off and before long they were all done.

As I could not fit them all in one picture I have split the Zombies into two 50 model units.









Not done there I went on to paint the Bat Swarms from Reaper Bones as well.


What also has me interested and motivated to paint my Vampire Counts at the moment  is the Sigmar's Blood WHF campaign book which I have been reading.

It is a story based campaign for two players with the out comes of each battle effecting the next.

 It focuses on Vampire Counts Vs Empire and all the army lists are pre written.


 Writing army lists to be honest is not one of may favourite things to do but this book looks like a great way to get used to the play style of the Vampire Counts.

I will have to see who would be up for playing as the Empire side and maybe there could be adjustments to get more players Involved.

Well thats it for now. 

What have you been painting this week?


Miniature count

Miniatures Painted So Far: 113


No comments: