Wednesday 5 May 2021

Painting & Hobby: Industrial Terrain Project


 A few years ago I put a cheeky bid on Ebay for a load of industrial terrain which has been used in a fair few Shadow War Armageddon games but has always been that project I have not got round to.

 You can see the Ebay horde here

As there has been talk of Necromunda and as I was in the mood for a project I thought it was time to work through it.

All the terrain was pre assembled and some had some silver paint but most of the walkways were not touch at all other then having rails glued on which proved a pain as you will see later.

I decided to take a few of the walk ways and a tower so I could test the paint scheme idea I had.


After a few spray cans and rust effects later I came up with this.

Happy with the results I them sprayed all of the towers this way in one big batch along with all 40+ walkways and ladders.

I was able to spray the rails that fit on the towers with demonic yellow with a spray can.

Once this was done I then went about weathering all of the towers sponging on Skag Brown from Games Wrokshop.

After a few days they were done.. 

Or so I though I missed two..

 It was one huge tower but I decided to separate them as I would get more use out of them that way

Once all these were done it was the long task of a painting Demonic Yellow on every rail on the walkways.

This took a very long time as I ran out of paint and then got some more and had to go over a few of the rails again.

I treated these with the same rust effects and they were all finally done. Phew.


I set up a table just to see how it would all look together and ready for those fights in the Underhive.







Of course I had to add some miniatures too.

















After setting up I  did find some more unpainted bits of MDF terrain I got with this Ebay lot so as I was on a roll I finished these too.













So there we go one of the first big projects finished saying that I do have another building and Silo station to work on but thats for another day.

What have you been working on?

Let me know in the comments.


If you enjoy my content and would like to support the blog you can do so by visiting my Ko-Fi page (link below) or click the Ko-Fi badge at the top of this page and consider buying me a coffee.


Thanks for all your continued support.



Miniature Count

Miniatures Painted So Far : 152

Terrain Painted So far : 115 Pieces 


No comments: