Tuesday 30 July 2019

Path To Glory: End Of The Road

Saturday saw Lee, Riot and I ready for the last game of the Path To Glory campaign.



Lee is now ascended to Demon hood and just needs one win to claim overall victory with in the campaign.

We set up on each corner with the floating rocks on the board as we take an deep breath as its now beginning of the end..



Game 14
In this game Riot and I just need to stop Lee from winning.
The floating rocks are back and on each turn we roll a D6. this is how many rocks will move and then roll again as the dice will say which number will move.
We then roll for movement of each resulting rock and direction.
If we are on top of a rock we can surfboard anywhere but using D6 movement.

We set up in each corner.




Lee goes first and heads to the top of the rocks and moves towards Riot.



I go next and head to the top of the rocks as well and start to move my army round so I can keep an eye on Lee.


Riot shuffles a bit.

Lee declares that he will destroy Riot by turn two and then me in turn 5!

Turn two Lee's demon prince crashes into Riots bloodletters and quickly kills them all..



Riot decides to go the other way around the building to avoid that Demon Prince but theres a lot of trolls!



I go next and move up the field as I need Riot to be around for any chance for us to defeat Lee's army.


I also move to the middle rock and move my leader up on a rock.



Riot decides its a good idea to dive a couple of marauders off the tower on top of the Demon Prince!


Guess what happened....

SPLATTTTT!!

The Demon prince looks on like what was that was it raining..
Lee just sat there laughing at the shear audacity of the attempt.

Riot starts to move in Lees warband.

On turn 3 Riot says to Lee roll a D3..
I know whats coming.

Chaotic meteors come crashing down on to the table and destroys  2 buildings in the process as well as crashing right next to one of my beast which I manage to jump out of the way.


Riot declares that if a model which has to be a humanoid is next to the rock on your next go you get to roll your leadership. If you fail you become a spawn.

I make sure i run up a couple of marauders next to each stone as quick as possible.


I also start to try and get into Lees warband targeting his beasts.

Now as Lee and Riot start to hack away Riot is leaving some corps tokens? Lee and I look on thinking whats going on here.

Lee starts to attack one of my marauders near a warp stone as my leader looks on to the battle field.




Riot has a real go at one of Lee's trolls with his leader that has flaming attacks.


Turn 4

More corps tokens are being dropped as the battle rages on the field. Riots says roll a D6 on a 4+ the dead start to rise and attack the most powerful warrior closest to them.


Its my go and I roll to see if my marauders turn to spawn..


and they do!

I make sure the head straight for Lee's army which I hope started to tremble in fear.


Riots and Lee's Demon Prince are attacked by the ghostly figures.

While I make more of a presences on the centre rock and leave a  couple of marauders near a meteor to try and get more spawn.




Riots really feeling it and passes a brake test..Phew...But Lee decides its time to take on my leader on top of the centre floating rock.



Turn 5
Lee tears through my warriors like he has been over the battle field.
It leaves just  my leader after he gets two wounds on him..

This is my leaders moment he has 4 attacks and the Demon Prince has 3 wounds..
I roll the dice...


This is what I get...doh!!!

As I lost combat I roll for leader ship and fail I get chased fall of the rock and died.. great..
But...
Lee has ended his turn with his Demon Prince next to the meteor..


In the mean time my spawn takes on a troll and kill each other leaving just one.


Riot is still holding on and passes his brake test again and more corpse tokens are added to the filed.

Turn 6 
Lee has to roll to see if his Demon prince becomes a spawn.


Riots and I both hold our breaths as Lee rolls the dice....


He rolled over his leader ship and becomes a spawn!!!!

Lets just say there were scenes... Riot and I were jumping with joy and laughing we could not believe it!

Lee was not impressed at all..


Lee unhappy at the situation charges Riots forsaken and kills him..All bets are off now!


Riot charges in with his knight in to the former Demon Prince and kills him..


Riot now turns on me trying to stop me from getting any more spawn on the table.


The numbers are really low for both model counts and some how we are passing our leaderships.



As it gets to turn 8 Lee fails his leader ship finally as do I making Riot the winner of the final battle in Path To Glory.

Look at the dead pile!




What a game and a great way to end the campaign..

Riot and I both thought it was a given that Lee would win this game hence all the carnage of floating rocks, meteors and corpse just to help us not get massacred by turn 3!

So we had to decided how do we wrap up this campaign and find and overall winner as both Riot and I were no where near getting to demon hood with our leaders.

We decided to tally our infamy and roll for casualties which I had only one forsaken that died after using 3 re rolls.
I also levelled up my leader to have a mutation the Kiss of Nurgle.


As I had 2 spawn I added their infamy totals to my army.

We all tallied up our warbands.

Lee ended with 32 Infamy
Riot ended with 59 Infamy
I ended with 72 Infamy some how making me the winner..


I could not help but laugh as all my leader has done this whole campaign  is to run away..

What a campaign this was I really enjoyed the painting the gaming and the company. 
Riot did a fantastic job on the rule set and coming up with scenarios and supplied endless cups of tea.

Lee was a good sport even though he was a tough appointed (so many trolls!!)  and ascended really quickly with a heavy bump at the end was great to play and a great laugh too.

We definitely will have to do this again but the gaming does not stop War Cry starts next week!!


2 comments:

Riot said...

A cracking game of little soldiers man!!

Shaggy said...

Yes it was the entire campaign was!