Thursday 18 July 2019

Path To Glory: Rocks N Roll

Saturday Night means Path To Glory and Riot and I got down to some more games to try and build our infamy to try and catch up with Lee.



Game 13
Meteor Shower

The board is set up in quarters and we each took in it turns to roll a dice to put one of our warband in that quarter. On a 5/6 roll we got to choose where we placed the model. Also we had to make sure we where 9 inches away from each other.

We also had the rule clash at dawn so on first tern we could only see 12 inches in front of each model.
Next up we rolled when the meteor would hit. If it hit a building it would be destroyed if it hit a model an leadership roll would need to be made so we could dodge it. If not we would take strength 10 D6 hits.

Now these meteors are not just any normal rocks oh no there full of chaos energy... if you are near them on your opponents turn and fail your leadership that model becomes a spawn..

I roll for when the meteors turn up and its turn one and 3 will be hitting the table.


I get first turn and go in full throttle and charge into as many of Riots men and beasts as posable.


I get rid of a marauder and a beast on one side of the board.


At the top my nights start to wade through one of Riots beasts while the BSB manages to save himself from injury and kills my forsaken.



I charge in with troll into Riots leader and use some of my forsaken and maunders on one side.
My troll takes 2 wounds but inflects one on Riots leader.

My troll is finally finished off along with my forsaken leaving the top right board edge in Riots control.


Riot taken aback by the amount of damage I managed to inflect starts to charge in.


My beast is slain but I do kill riots forsaken with attacks from my warrior and forsake.

In the mean time the meteors start to fall and destroy one of the buildings to my right and leaving it close by.

Riot suddenly gets a meteor right near his leader and it hits one of his marauder. lucky for him he is saved.


I make sure one of my marauders is near one of the meteors.


Riot and I continue to attack each other at the top left corner as I charge my lone marauder into his while my warriors continue to fight his knight.

Our maunders both fight and in the end mine dies and after a few tries Riots knight kills my warriors.


My warrior on left runs after a marauder and decides to leave the field.



It really bloody and Riot is now down by 50% and needs to roll to see if he stays or flees.. If he stays we have some spawn on the table if he rolls high the game ends and no spawn..Sad times.

Riots leader decides its a good time to call it quits.


So after all the fighting no one becomes a spawn which we are both kind of disappointed about.
This does mean that I win the game.

So I roll for casualties and have to use some re rolls but all are fine.
I also get another roll on the leader advancement table and now on leadership 10.


Game 14

Rocks n Roll

In this scenario we both set up 6 inches from the edge of the board.
On the game board are 6 floating rocks and one central rock which we have to get to and control.
The only way to get on to the rocks is to clime up the buildings and either run or walk on to the rocks.
Now the rocks will be numbered 1-6 at the start of each turn we roll to see how many rocks will randomly move. We then rolled that number of dice as these will determine what rocks will move. We used one D6 and a scatter dice to move each rock. If the same number for example for rock 2 appears twice we move that rock two times.

The good thing is if we are on the rocks our warband can control that rock and move it D6 where every we want..The bad news if it crashes into a rock or building we have to take an leadership test if we fail we take D3 impact hits equal to the rocks hight.


We set our warbands up and get ready for action.



Riots wins first turn and rolls for the rock movement which moves rock one near the tower on my top right perfect for him to start to clime.


Riot moves up while having a few marauders on the large tower and the tower close to rock 1.

I roll and the rocks move again.

Its my turn I move up my beast to stop any charges Riot maybe thinking of while moving men up the tower to my left and right hoping to jump on rock 5.




Its Riots turn and the rocks begin to move again.

Riot mangers to get two maruaders onto one of the rocks.


Riot charges in with some of his beasts to my left against my marauder.


I roll again and the rocks again move and I get more of my men to the top of the tower ready to jump on any rocks near by.



Riot rolls and moves the rock his marauder on a little closer to the middle of the board.

He also charges in to some forsaken and one of my beasts.

 


As Riots BSB comes charging in with his night they meat my warriors and ogre and I eventually take out Riots BSB.


My turn and rocks move again and I get my leader and a few men on to rock 2.
Mean while more fighting is going on.


My beast is in combat with Riots Knight which dies.


Riots turn and as he rolls for the rocks to move he moves his marauder closer to the fight between my forsaken and his..
He has a gleam in his eye..
He is going to attempt to get his marauder to jump down and attack the forsaken in true Khorne style...He needs to pass a leader ship test to do so..


He rolls for both...guess what..

SPLAT!!


They both fail and get D3 strength 7 hits...which they don't save.

So Riot decided to charge in his other marauder to help out which fails to as I take out one of them.


My next go the rocks move closer to my right so I move in with warband on to rock 3 which is now free from any enemies.

I also take out another beast from Riot war band.

Riot now needs to make another leadership test so his warband don't flee..

Like the other game Riot fails meaning I win the game.

After post game rolls no member died and as I did not use any infamy I roll on the recruitment table and get another 3 warriors.

Riot also got some bloodletters fro the next game.

Well that was a fun evening with some really fun scenarios.

I am glad the rocks worked well as I made these just a few days ago for this game. I will have a blog post about how I made them soon.
I also liked the meteor scenario just a shame there were no spawn.

Well again thanks to Riot for the games and hosting.. until next time.

2 comments:

Riot said...

Once again mate sterling work on thiose flying rocks!

Shaggy said...

Cheers mate glad they worked out ok.