Sunday 16 August 2020

Warhammer Fantasy: Blood In The Badlands Part 5

 So here we are with another BITBL instalment for you today.

On Saturday night the battles were set Lee's Ork's were facing Phil's Empire and I would be facing Mike2.0's Lizard Men with my Nurgle WOC where I would be defending Ekrund for Lee.

Let battle commence..

Before we do Al's Ork's faced off against Riots Khorne WOC a couple of days before seeing Riot coming out victorious.


We set up ready for battle.
Mike 2.0 sets up in the corner and my plan is to move fast as I want to avoid those comets.



Mike moves his skirmishers near my flank but I have bigger fish to fry or should I say lizards.



I start to move up and as predicted his skirmishers try to go after my flank but I ignore them.


Mike starts to target my Gorebeasts as he does not like the looks of these.


My Gorebeast charge into Mikes front lines and take out one unit and the other Gorebeast destroys Mikes Dino riders leaving the leader to run off.



Mikes magic is not coming off to well and now as I am up close won't dare drop a comet now.
I charge into the bus with one of my Gorebeast but fail with the other.


Mike moves his Salamander in the middle of the field which takes out some of my hounds on the right flank.


Mike uses all his power to git rid of the Gorebeasts even concentrate all his fire power into the last one that remains alive.


As now my WOC are exposed I use my remaining Hound to block the charge.



After two rounds of shooting Mike kills the last Gorecbeasts.


Mike charges the last Hound and reforms with his lizard bus in a position I did not expect and gets a charge lane in my flank of my WOC.


The hurt now begins as Mike puts enough attacks in and wounds to make my whole WOC unit flee leaving my Knights which are charged by the Salamander and the returning Dino Rider leader.


As I cant fend off that amount of attacks and it's the end of turn 6 we call it game.

A really close game in the end with magic not being a factor as I was charging up the field so magic comets were not worth the risk. 

My Gorebeasts were great in this game but it was just that reform of the Lizard bus at the end of turn 5 that really hurt.

So this all meant that my Wizard was captured by Mike and now he can be sacrificed for a relic.

 It also meant I did not defend Ekrund for Lee and means we will both fight for it in the next game as its in my territory.

To top it off Lee really had a bad day as he lost against Phil's Empire and in my game against him I get an extra 375 points to take due to my rolls on the end of game table.

The next game is going to be interesting.


No comments: