Saturday 10 October 2020

Warhammer Fantasy: Blood In The Badlands Part 9


Another day in the Badlands this week with the WOC facing off against the Empire.


Let's go to the set up.



Stupidly I put my trolls on the wrong side of the board so they are going to be very stupid in this game.

Phil goes first and stat to move his forces on the right flank just enough so they are out of charge rang of my Gorechariots.

He takes a few shots with his canons and gun line but not much happens.



The armies move forward.




I start to move the Tolls and Hounds forward on the left but they are met with gunfire.

Phil charges into the front line of my Trolls while my Wizard is hit by a canon ball.


I use my Hounds to try and stop any more Canon attacks which at least stops it for a round.


Phil takes out one unit of Trolls and heads straight into my wizard which has no chance.


Phil leaves himself open and I charge two Gorechariots in the unit of Knights and one Gorechariot in to his now buffed up unit of Pikemen to try and stop any flank attacks.


The two Gorechariots get stuck in and deal a lot of damage but the Pikemen put the hurt on the Gorechariot they are facing as they have have become faster and stronger during the magic phase


After taking out most of the Knights they start to run but not before killing one of the two Gorechariots while the Pikemen  put enough wounds into into their fight with a Gorechariot.

The amount of attacks the Empire dish out make short work of the fight.


On the other side of the board the hounds are quickly killed and the Riflemen move in to to deal with the last of the Trolls.

My WOC come charging in to the Pikemen and start to chew through the unit.


In a short time the Pikemen are all killed and the Griffriders are now mad and start to attack.


After killing the Trolls the Knights on the left flank come charging in on the WOC left flank to join the fight.

Also the last two Knights that survived the Gorebeast attacks on the right flank rally and come and attack the right flank of the WOC.




The WOC unit is completely surrounded and are being picked apart by all the on coming attacks.


On the other side of the board the lone Troll is attack with a volley of shots and is killed.


This is where we call game and a victory for the Empire.

After the post game rolls Phil has 22 relics which means he is in the lead by a long way.

I managed to build another mine and get another relic on the board with 500 extra points for the next game and a free 60 point magic item.
My leader due to being killed gets -1 to his leadership.

The next game is going to be a huge Storm of Magic game so the madness will me multiplied with all of us trying to win the end of season game.

No comments: