Wednesday 28 October 2020

Painting and Hobby Update: Gorkamorka Terrain

 I was having a little look on Ebay the other day and came across this auction for the rule set for Gorkamorka which had some of the old school cardboard terrain which was around during the 90s


I never got to play the game at the time but who can resist that iconic artwork?

As it is Orktober after all and  I put a bid in and..... I won it...

When it arrived it need some TLC as 25 years or so of old tape started to fall off and it was missing a few of the classic Necromunda bulk heads. 

I set to work gluing and fixing all the parts and checked my bits box to see if I had anything to help fill in the gaps left by the missing bulkheads and cardboard that was originally with the set.

Looking around my hobby room I found  this Necomunda style terrain that has metal bulkheads that clip together. 

I went to work and a fixed a few bits together to fill in gaps in the terrain which seemed to work out very well.



I then simply painted the bulkheads black and then dry brushed silver and sponged some brown for rust to give it that worn look.

As this also came with some tank traps and some barrels I used the same method for these but adding a green colour to the barrels before adding the rust effect.

While building this I remembered that on my desk I had a 40k container which had weapons creates and more barrels from a conquest magazine I got a while back. I got to work on these to add to this terrain set. 

After a while the Ork fortification was complete.





Heres some close ups of the container accessories 





There we go a nice center piece finished for some games of Gorkamorka or any 40k themed game, but now this project has  got me waiting to make and paint more Ork style terrain....Oh dear..

In the mean time I think it might be time to go look for the Ork's I have from the Assault on Black reach set.

 watch this space.

No comments: