Tuesday 4 June 2019

Path To Glory:The Road Begins





I arrived on Saturday night to Riot Hq and was informed Lee will be attending tonights game.
As we were still waiting for Lee, Riot and I went through a quick throw down which will help me with the rules as I am terrible at remembering rules.
Riot will be playing a Khorne based warband and Lee a Slaanesh...If you are up on your Warhammer law those gods don't like each other much.. and I will be playing a Nurgle based warband.



The games we will be playing are on a 3x3 for quick brutal fights and man the first game was.
We set up 12 inches from the board and I am already worried by the number of men Riot has.


We roll off and Riot goes first moving all his army forward...I go next and just do something silly and change in..( I am playing Nurgle not Khorne!)


It does not take long to realise my beasts need help as he dies quickly.

On the other side of the board my warriors meet the maunders but the numbers are on Riots side and they start to chew through my men..


In the middle my forsaken start to swing at Riots leader and lands a wound but not enough to withstand his attacks back.



Its not going well.. Lee arrives just after I concede the game which Riot says don't worry this wont count... I think he may regretted that now...

Lee arrived with his Shadespire miniatures dun dun da.. but all was fine as Riot had plenty of miniatures and I brought my troll so all was fine.

Now the Path To Glory really begins..

Game 1

The object is to get as many men on the hill as possible as each round you score points equal to each models infamy points. If by turn 8 your leader is on the objective you get a special bonus.

We all start in a corner and this game will be random turns issued by selecting a card we chose to represent our turn.



Riot goes first and makes his way to the hill and keeps his eye out for Lee..Remember I said Khorne and Slaanesh don't like each other well these two took this to heart.



Lee starts moving in towards Riot..





and crunch..



Riot gets some of his men on the hill during the second tern as I crept up near the hill in turn 1
Riot scores 4 points at the end of the turn.

As Riot and Lee are busy fighting I move up towards the hill..

I charge Riots men on the hill and clear them off and start to make my claim on the hill and rack up 10 points at then end of tern 3..




Riot and Lee are still fighting and I put more men on the hill and have a warrior just by the hill just incase I get charged.

Riot starts to brake away from Lee and heads towards the hill.. Lots of Riots army is starting to leave the battle field due to failed rolls of leader ship and being hacked to death.
As I see Riot heading towards me I send in one of my beasts which ends in a stand off.

I score another 20 points.

The fighting across the table continues for the rest of the game as I continue to rack up more points another 20 and then another 19 as I try and clear Riot away from the hill. I even eventually send in a warrior to deter him..

A few things happen after this Lee had two of his maunders run away and one landed on the hill getting him a point...
Also one of my forsaken got scared after one of my beasts died in combat and started to run away.




Riot and Lee were still going for it and hardly any of their army was left by turn 8.
 As I move my leader on to the objective I score more points and win the game..
Final standings Riot 6, Lee 2 and myself 124 points



Not much left on the table..

We went through all the end game paper work and rolled to see if any units had died and if we wanted to upgrade which we all chose not to so on to the next game..


Game 2
Treasure Hunt

There is 5 pieces of treasure on the board and the object is to have any model with in 3 inches and then we can roll to see if we get a 6 and find the loot. If we do we get the loot we get a point. If we have more models then your opponent holding that treasure at the end of the game you also get a point.


We set up in the same corners as before as Riot went first and went for the treasure closest to him and Lee.. (told you theres a theme here)

Lee then went on to meet Riot and went for the treasure to his left near my warband.



I then set off to the same treasure that Lee was occupying with his troll and went for the loot closest to my left.

I rolled and did not find the loot this time.



Riot eventually finds the loot on his side and gains a point but has to deal with Lees onslaught.
As he does Riot moves some of his warband on top of the hill where another treasure has been placed.






Lee sees red and looks at the opening and moves his troll to meet Riots leader..
Leaving me alone with the treasure..



Eventually I roll for both bits of loot that I am near and gain 2 points.



Lee and Riot continue there fight and Lee's troll is throwing up but missing anyone to score a hit..This happened at least 4 times in the game..He only needs 3 up...

While that battle between Khorne and Slaanesh continues I work my way through Riots men on the hill to claim the loot rolling 6 again making 3 points.
I make sure to have two worriers guarding just in case.



The battle is getting bloody and units are dwindling to the right of me while my warband looks on..

Chancing it I try and tempt Riot away from the last treasure counter which has not been found on the other side of the table. I charge with my hound attacking his hound and marauder while a Forsaken is just close by..
My hound dies but I move my forsaken around Riots hound and marauder to be closer to the treasure. I then follow this up with one of the knights on the hill and replace him with another knight who is with my leader on the other side of the table.. Again just in case I need the numbers.

I roll to see if I get the last bit of loot and..... I do..

Another point meaning I now have 4 points to Riots 1 and Lee's 0



On the next turn both Lee and Riots army are down to bare bones and roll leadership test which they both fail and flee.
As its the end of the game I gain another 4 points as I have secured the treasure as well as the loot in each one.

After both games I know have 23 Infamy points and my leader went past 3 upgrades boxes.

As I roll on the table I have toughness of 5 as a gift from the first game and I roll on the table to upgrade my leader and I gain an extra 3 wounds making my lord a 5 wound model...

Lets say Lee and Riot are not to happy at this point.

I also use this time to get some more recruits for the next game but first I need to roll to see who stays alive...
 Nasher one of my beast is out of the game as I rolled a 1 even using another infamy point I still rolled 1 so he is now gone from the game for good. All my other miniatures are fine.

I roll on the recruitment table and I get an extra 3 Chaos Warriors and 3 Marauders..
Which Riot again kindly lets me have and I have painted ready for Saturday
(Thats 64 miniatures painted so far this year)



Thanks to Riot for hosting and letting me have some more models for next weeks game and for Lee for the games..

I have a feeling that on Saturday The Jolly Rotters will not be the most popular..


2 comments:

Riot said...

Your cards are marked mate ;0)

Shaggy said...

Dun dun daaaaa!!!