Sunday 22 April 2018

Salute The Goodies..

So Salutes was a week ago now and the dust has settled and after a hectic week I am able to show you what I managed to get at this years Salute.




Walking around the halls of salute I did mange to pick up some bargains along the way and things that where on my list..

First in the bag you get at Salute every year is the exclusive mini and dice.
This year was WWI themed due to the anniversary of 100 years of the end of the war.



Warmachine and Hordes mini were on offer at Simple Mixtures stand  this yeah and these are going to fill my ranks of Khador and Troolbloods.


Yes that is a Sea King..

I was after some paint and was surprised there was not that much GW paints or Vallejo
I needed Beasty Brown but could not find it any where..
oh well I managed to get these for a £1 each..


I also needed brush and got thesis Army painter brushes in a £1 bargain bin and these Games and Gears brushes from the South London Warlord stand for £5 result!

 

I wanted some brush soaps as my brushes need some love so I visited the Green Stuff World stand and picked up this brush gel to try out and also got a sample of the new Artis Opus Series S lemon brush soap to try.


Now it would not be Salute if I did not get terrain well I did say I would not buy any but Playmat.eu  had some 2D terrain at the show so I had to get some for Warmachine and Hordes.


I also picked this scatter terrain up for my Shadow War Armageddon board.


Talking of Shadow War I have always wanted to have a small Catachan Imperial Guard force due to the 1st Predator and Rambo and as we have been playing Shadow War and Kill team due I found this lot plus some snipers for £12!
Watch out Riot!


Shadespire is still on my to do list... and found these columns that I have plans for terrain for the game.


A model I was really trying to find was a Vampire model for my undead army also I wanted some more movement trays for Warhammer fantasy. I did managed to find the D&D mini I was after and for £4 deal..



This Vampire mini is already primed according to the box so we will see how paint takes to it.

So there we have it...


 I am quite happy with everything this year as I got what was on my list and a few extra bits as well...
Now I need to get painting!

Salute 2019 will be April 6th 2019



2 comments:

Riot said...

Hang on a minute! Guardman snipers!!!

I just remembered I need to build more scatter terrain . . . LOTS of scatter terrain!

Shaggy said...

Well I did get a little scatter terrain. That should be enough right 😉