Sunday 18 February 2018

The 1800 Point Fantasy Dwarf Paint Challenge Pt 3...Riot Ville Live 2018 Preparations.


The challenge continues...Next up some more Mantic Dwarfs but these will be my Long Beards.



I had to really smash through these as I wanted to make a unit of around 35 so I had to again make some unit fillers as you will see in the pictures .. 

Again these were based with Army Painter Plate Metal then Knarloc Green was used for the shields and cloths.
Mourning Brown was used for the pouches and beards with Bugmans Glow for all the skin with a wash of Reikland Flesh Shade.
Army Painter Matt Black was used for the shoes with Balthasar Gold on all raised areas on the hammers and axes.

The treasure chest was painted using Balthasar Gold and Mourning Brown with the dog painted using Steel Legion Drab, Mournfang Brown, Bleached Bone and Chainmail.

A wash of Nuln Oil was washed all over all the Dwarfs.





With some of the sculpts due to the shields and poses these don't seem to fit together side by side very nicely so this is why some of the models are turned slightly...

I also painted the command unit which will be slotted in to this unit some how..


Thats now all of the Mantic Dwarfs finished on to my Warriors..
I'm getting there!




4 comments:

riot ville said...

Damn I might be the only one turning up with out a painted army!

Darryl Hunt said...

Very nice Shaggy,I like the green on th shields :-)

Shaggy said...

@Riot you will be fine mate!

Shaggy said...

@DarrylHunt Thanks!